ATWT: Thursday May 31 Discussion

• Members

Any Carly plot gets talked about. I "blame" it all on Maura. She. is. the. best! Most other actresses are barely missed during their maternity leaves. This show just seems to stop in it's tracks without her.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I quoted all of your post..lol..too long to take apart..hehe...ok...yeah I have never liked Simon and Katie together. I thought they were so blah together. They were just too silly for my taste. Their wedding....oh dear gawd I hated with a passion...LOL I remember them showing it recently during their anniversary show or was it Katie's and Simon's montage. I was rolling my eyes at the wedding flashback...LOL. I was not a fan...LOL.

Jack and Katie have zero chemistry together. I am not sure but I thought I read where MP said it felt funny(weird) being with Katie. He is use to working with Maura. Just like Simon and Carly stunk so does Jack and Katie....LOL

Less than 24 hours away from the first showdown....LOL

• Members

PLEASE tell me you're NOT just making that spoiler up!!! I. WILL. DIE. if you are messing with me!!! D-I-E.

*sniff* I'm so HAPPY!!! I couldn't take it if Carly didn't have one friend in town!!

I hated all of Katie's weddings. Something about getting most of her wedding gowns from Carly pissed me off....LOL.

• Members

I really liked Terri Colombino once upon a time. I remember watching her all the time onf "Breaker High" and I loved Simon & Katie before they assassinated the pairing. Katie was the attention seeker who just wanted to be loved. But at the time, she was young enough and inexperienced to be able to get away with it and make you root for her. Now, it's like she makes the same stupid mistakes yet blames everyone but herself for them. They've also rewritten her into this character that men can't resist.

I can't really tell if it's the writing or what but TC has become very one-note over the years. Katie has changed for the worse but other than that, there's nothing new happening to the character and I don't feel like I'm watching anything novel when I watch TC.

• Members

I definitely think a "Dr. Phil" type intervention must be done before Katie wrecks anything else in Oakdale...her love life, other people's love lives, etc. Something must be done with the character.

I love Terri. I always have and I always will. I agree that she has become sort of monotonous, but every once in a while, when a scene or an episode comes along that writes Katie halfway decent, T.C. shines!!

Soapsuds, I know which article you're referring to. T.C. was talking about how weird it was because she said when you work with someone for so long on such a close level, like MW and MP, you kinda get posessive of your co-star. I didn't really analyze into it all that much, though.

I think Terri and Michael have chemistry...just not as lovers. I think they'd have alot more chemistry if they were written like they were at the beginning...friends. :P

I'm thrilled about the spoiler that Clint mentioned. I'm very exicted. Two of the best ATWT actresses in the same scene together (once again) is gonna rock my socks off!!!

I also agree with Roger about the anniversary episode. I think the actors liked it because it was a break from the usual crying, yelling, lusting, and manipulating that goes on in most episodes of a soap opera. For once, the actors kinda got to live a little, recreate some shows they grew up watching and/or loving, and just let their hair down, get loose, and have fun with it. I also think a reason that most actors talked so highly of that particular anniv. episode was because they found it alot of fun to film AND because it's their job to promote anything the show puts forth.

And P.J., you're wrong, dude. Now, don't get me wrong. I love Maura to death! But I worship Martha Byrne!!!! MARTHA is the best. ever.

And don't even get me started on Peyton List!! Yall'll make fun of me. :lol:

^^ :wub:

• Members

Wow! You've made my day if this is true! This is what I have been wanting. I am so disgusted with this Kack mess, but this spoiler could really turn things around and make it interesting. I wondered if their friendship would ever be remembered especially since they were both wronged by Katie! Thanks for posting this!

• Members

I've just found it confirmed too that is is true! Happy dance! It is very sad that is is such a shock that a friendship is remembered for Carly. I just wasn't optimistic that this friendship would be remembered even though it is so logical for this story. Nice to know there will be once person that isn't taking their whacks at Carly. :lol: This should lead to some great story for both of them!

• Members

LOL...I've worked up a theory...Carly goes back to her first love, fashion design (a total rejection of Simon and his interior design malarkey... tee-hee...), and poor little Faith ends up feeling even more schlumpy by Mommy's new business.

Now...if only Lily helps her take Katie down. Doesn't Lily still own part of WOAK? Wouldn't it be great if she just fired her skanky ass? LOL....

Archived