• Members

I think it will take me about 5 minutes to watch the show today. So not interested in an eppy all about Maggot, DinUGH, and Blake...

If this is the story for Blake, she should have stayed in a coma.

But onto an interesting topic...

As a black woman, I don't see Remy as "the angry black man"... I think that because he has no direction on the show, he seems to be put into situations that make him angry. Tammy and now he wants to "save" Natalia. Because he's not on that much, each scene is almost him being angry. It's more of a coincidence than anything for me. Remy appears to have grown up with all of the privileges in life and he was fine before Tammy died, so I don't see him as an angry black man - more of a man who is frustrated and just happens to be black...

I wish they would give this fine man something to do so that he can contribute to the show and improve on the acting skills.

If not, just let him walk around naked...

ANDREA

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why shouldn't Cassie be pissed? Josh was supposed to be committed to her. Reva told her she accepted that. It was Reva's "engineering" of the entire cancer situation that led to Josh and Cassie falling for each other. And Reva is a PRICK, just expecting that now that she's decided she wants Josh, she should have him. Cassie said it was like Reva was playing God with their lives, and she's right.

Teehee...finally someone else who could do without Ashlee. I just think she's a dork.

Kind of let down by the whole Mallet sleezy/hitman revelation. Uh, I could have sworn that Alan specifically had Mallet brought in to the prison when Harley was sent there...but I could be wrong. And if I were Blake, I think I'd be very, very cautious of blackmailing a murderer. (Tho' I'm sure we'll find out Mallet was working some covert CIA/shadow black ops kind of deal.) I'd love to see more Blake/Dinah stuff, but if it's just going to be about Hart, it's kind of lame. Blake knew Hart for all of five minutes.

• Members

I think we all generally can agree that minority characters should be showcased more prominently on the soaps among other things. On this particular issue with Remy I think it is okay to have some disagreement because I doubt that any of it is intentional on GL's part but it is something to chew about. I think that just because a fellow person of color disagrees with me on this, that doesn't mean I'm wrong, or that because a white person agrees that I am right. Again, if it were something much more striking and overt and less covert, I'm sure we'd all come to a general consensus. The show has introduced several people of color recently so hopefully we will see them portrayed just like the other good and the bad denizens of Springfield. Speaking of which, they yet again solidified it being in Springfield, Illinois when Mallet looked in that paper for his job whenever those flashbacks took place.

Bringing the topic back to discussion, I also wanted to point out how it was good that someone-Reva-finally pointed out the irony of Josh being a minister after the whole thing with Cassie. Not to say that you can't make mistakes to be a religious leader but rather you need to be honest with not only those around you but with yourself before you seek to counsel other people.

• Members

I'm with P.J. about Cassie deserving to be pissed about the Josh/Reva thing. I'm also turned off by Billy's attitude towards the whole thing...as if to forget that the situation is a gazillion times worse since Cassie is still trying to get over Tammy's death. <_<

Maggot?? Haha..good one. Mallet just bores me and I like Robert Bogue at times...but he doesn't have the same depth in his acting as everyone else. I do fault the writers for not developing the character to the same extent they've developed Dinah. He lives under Dinah's shadow while ironically, Dinah has become a less exciting character since being paired with him.

• Members

Just wanted to come in and repeat my plea to Liz Keifer: RUN AWAY from this show as FAST as you can! RUN!

Blake has always been a bitch, but WTF is her motive for blackmailing half the town, the latest victim being Mallet? It just seems to me that this is yet another example of David Kreizman's poison pen. He destroys any character he touches.

As such, RUN FOR THE HILLS Liz! Take MAEVE, GINA, TINA, and JORDAN with you!

• Members

***laughs*** Wouldn't Liz make a perfect Molly recast on ATWT? Liz and Maura in scenes would be DA BOMB.

I don't see where Cassie is asking for more consideration than she gave Reva. It's not Cassie's fault Reva was lying to Josh, Cassie and nearly her entire family about NOT wanting to be with Josh. Cassie hadn't a CLUE Reva was in love with Josh still. Reva, OTOH, knew exactly what the status of Josh and Cassie's relationship was. So, know when Reva pisses and moans about "betrayal", it makes her look like a complete moron. And getting Josh hot, bothered, and liquored up to do him on a conjugal visit, is just WRONG.

And I completely agree with SJ on Dinah. She's one step from baking cookies. I floved her and Edmund, as sick as that was. (Me and SJ agree!?!?!?!? Whoa! LOL....)

• Members

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Cassie didn't have a clue about Reva still having feelings for Josh. I think she knew but was hoping Josh didn't return the feelings and at the very least, trusted him not to do anything about it if he did.

P.J...what exactly do we disagree on? :lol: I can't seem to remember..but yeah, I haven't been much of a Dinah fan in the past year. It boggles my mind sometimes why Gina Tognoni isn't put in the same league as others who overact. Sure, that might be how she's written but her passive-aggressive deliveries kinda grate after a while. :rolleyes:

• Members

I don't think Cassie had a clue about Reva's feelings when Cassie and Josh started up, that's the whole point. Reva left town and let Josh and Cassie think she was just leaving for the hell of it and possibly hooking up with Billy. That went on for months.

• Members

Teehee...I don't quite remember....:)

Has Dinah really done anything in the last year? That emmy sure didn't get GT any juicy story, that's for sure. Robbing Mommy with Cyrus? Puh-leeze.

• Members

I am just glad she has a storyline. It is nice to see her again. But I do love the idea of her going to ATWT and playing Molly. Although I didnt care much for the Molly character....lol. She was rewrite....I hate rewrites...LOL

• Members

these past days the show has been great, new sets. for those who think that GL is at the end of it's road..think again. Wed. show was filmed in on the road, in nyc (outside the studio, in a nyc bar and in some loft) and it was an excellent show. ....and also AMC fans are moving to GL to watch Darrel (ex-jesse hubbard) , he joined GL this week. Things are getting better!

• Members

Eh. It's gotten to the point where I'd rather never see her again. Hell, you all don't know how thrilled I am that Holly is long gone. At least now that she's off the canvas, I can imagine that she's poolside with Ross, Ed, and Phillip sipping a non-alchoholic pina colata out of a coconut shell.

But just to sprinkle in a positive opinion. From the very small bit of him I've seen, Cyrus might actually be a good new villian. Of course, that is because of the actor, not the writing. I swear, the actors on this show are superhuman. God bless 'em, they can still turn some of Kreizman's [!@#$%^&*] into gold.

• Members

Liz Keifer would make a great Molly. I would like to see her get a new job. Not because I think GL sucks that bad, but they are not going to use her consistantly, imo. She's good enough to get another job, so I'm not sure why she hasn't moved on.

• Members

I loathe Rick Bauer. This is not the character I once loved, and that child is about Beth. He could care less if he fathered that child. Rick just wants Beth. If he were such a wonderful daddy, Rick would pay more attention to his other 2 children.

Didn't think I could hate anyone as much as Josh, but Rick sure helped with that one!

Mel is too good for this rat bastard, and I hope GL does not pull a OLTL and pass this woman on from one non black male to the other. Give her a story and give her DARNELL WILLIAMS, and let Mel and Jeffrey remain really good friends!!!!!

ANDREA

Archived