DAYS: Lucas & Sami have received the official "Kiss of Death!"

• Members

Lucas has never been a match for Sami. She's fire and passion, and he's hot air. She loves freely and faithfully; he gives and takes his love at will--especially if Carrie is around (I'll never forgive him for the Carrie worship last year and how he demeaned Sami). I loved it today when Tony was making fun of him for losing his wife--AGAIN! They haven't had much of a marriage so far because she's spent more time with EJ than Lucas and now with Stefano's proposition....just how much will Sami sacrifice for love of her family? And could Lucas handle it if this baby is in fact EJ's and not his? I don't think he could. He's too arrogant and egotistic; I think he would end up resenting Sami and the baby.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EJ did NOT rape Sami. Period IMO. I've watched the scene and looked it from a million angles. I just don't see it. I'm not saying it was the greatest act of love making in the world of Daytime but it certainly was not rape. It was a business transaction.

Sex for Help. Pure and Simple.

EJ held the gun to her face so that she could get him past the police. And he offered her a deal. She had a CHOICE. She chose what she thought was the right path. And the writers decided to make it "rape" all of sudden. Probably one of the worse things I've seen done on a soap in a while.

• Members

Brotha but its ALL GOOD!

Team EJami 2007!

But on a more down to Earth manner rape is a very serious matter and I take it that way too. So I'm not just saying EJ didn't rape Sami because I don't want obstacles to be in their way of being together. I'm saying it because I believe it to be true regardless of how the writers try to spin it or force the characters and actors to believe it. Elvis and Samantha have enough troubles as it is without the "rape" that will create enough drama to last for ages.

As for Chelsae I dunno I was kinda turned on by Jeremy's lil towel drop. I dunno if his crown jewels actually touched her but IF they did then I agree its a crime and he should be punished. But of course its up to her. I mean me I probably would have enjoyed it...lol. But thats cuz I'm a sucker for guys like that. As it is I can see sparks flying between the two of em. Sad as it is to say I just don't see Nick and Chelsae as a supercouple right now. Nick is just b*tching way too much over Willow for me to even care.

While I'm on the subject of the "teen scene" or "young adult scene" (you pick the one you like best) Shawn needs to beat the crap out of Phillip ASAP! I'm so sick of this creep thinking he can step in and take over Shawn's role in Claires life. If it wasn't for Philip and his crazy father Claire wouldn't be in this mess. And Belle needs to open her dumb eyes and see whats going on here. At the same time if I were Shawn I would have gone with them since Willow is dead and that isn't going to change. The results can be read over the phone.

• Members

I'm very certain that Jere pressed up against Chelsea because the SECOND it happened, I SHOUTED ALOUD, "I GOTTA WRITE ABOUT THIS ON SON!"

It was sexual harassment. It was illegal. Chelsea can press charges.

Meanwhile, as for EJami, I just HOPE TO GOSH that somehow, someway, Sami can find a secret camera in Lexi's car or something and see the footage of what really happened "that night," lol. I mean, it WASN'T RAPE!!! I just wish she could see, on video, and remember that she exchanged SEX for Lucas' life.

It was A BUSINESS TRANSACTION.

It was PROSITUTION.

It was NOT, however, rape.

Heck, I may even start a campaign for this. (To have Sami find a video of that night.)

• Members

You can, if you like. It's a free country.

But that's more of a word that "Entertainment Tonight" or some trendy entertainments show would use -- to be trendy.

The courts would probably agree that the incident was prostitution.

(Hear that, Hogan? That means you failed -- with this story!)

• Members

Please tell me how it WASN'T rape? It was "Have sex with me, or the man you love dies" and he's holding a gun

We all know rape is, but here's a few definitions that fit in Sami & EJ's case:

the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.

to force to have sexual intercourse.

Sami was under DURESS, it was RAPE!!!!

• Members

But at the same time there was a gun to her head.

She didn't want it to happen. She was put in a forced position. Gun to her head, and then yes given a choice but lets say Lucas was not in that position and the gun wasn't there and she was given a choice of do it or leave, that wouldn't be rape. She would have obviously said no, she didn't WANT to do it! She was forced to!

• Members

The argument that the gun was there to force her to help him cross the border is weak. Regardless of EJ's intention, the gun was present, and that put Sami in a position where she wouldn't want to anger EJ further. And then, he basically threatened to leave a man to die, the man she loves, so yes, she made a choice. But don't be hasty in calling it a simple business transaction, because it's not simple. Sami was under duress well before the topic of sex came up, so, no, she didn't choose it. The statement of a woman choosing her duress is ridiculous to begin with.

The argument of whether or not it was rape will never end, and I've come to terms with that. I just wish the anti-rape crowd would come up with more solid arguments for their version of what happened, because I've yet to see a well-supported argument.

• Members

I think the arguments that I've read in this thread for their being no rape are pretty strong. On the other hand I haven't really heard any real reasons as to why this is really rape. EJ didn't pin Samantha to the seat. He didn't lock her inside the car. He definitely didn't hold both her hands up high while he proceeded to unbuckle his belt (the classic rape scene you see in the movies and daytime). NONE of that occured. All that happened was that EJ had a gun (the gun he presumably used to shoot John which I hope he didn't really use on John). So he had a gun and the gun was to force Samantha to get him the hell out of Salem. And for protection against the police. Thats all! What bad guy whos trying to escape doesn't have a weapon. EJ didn't purposely have a weapon with the intent that he was going to rape Sami.

He just saw an oppurtunity and he took it. He offered her a deal. She accepted.

Business Transaction. At its most simple and basic terms. Sex for Help. I don't know how to explain any more clearer. In fact I'm so angry at the writers for even making this scene happen since its caused so many people to look at EJ with disdain and disgust. Hes not a bad person. And while he is Stefano's son and he may have done some horrible things to the other Bradys thats just a product of his family and his rearing. Now that hes met Sami he knows theres a different way to live life and I look forward to EJami being in TRUE LOVE by the end of this year with a lil bundle of joy to complete the package.

Do we know if Sami is carrying a girl or a boy!? Maybe twins!? That would be sick (in a good way). I can SO see Elvis having 2 lil girls running around the house. He'd be such an overprotective father. Think of the awesome storylines they could have down the road with these girls.

Archived