DAYS: Lucas & Sami have received the official "Kiss of Death!"

• Members

Except a woman who is repulsed by his raping, murdering, kidney stealing, kidnapping ways.

Sami sees the boy she met in a rock star's dressing room fourteen years ago, who showed her what it was like to be wild when she'd always been sheltered. The one who snuck her into a bar when they were underage; the one whose mere presense anywhere near Sami used to drive Austin and Carrie crazy because he was the bad boy.

Sami sees her General, the obnoxious preppy brat who used to stroll around Salem in his miltary school uniform. She sees the tennis star, the social climber, the blackmailer.

Sami sees the boy who was one of the first people she was able to help when she worked with him to figure out who his father was.

She sees the person who was her main support through TWO rapes-- one when she was a sixteen-year-old virgin and one when she was a grown woman sacrificing her body to save the man she loved.

She sees the man who schemed with her because they both felt what it was like to be always second best to a sibling, and what it was like to be alone-- except when they were together.

She sees the man who laughed at her silly schemes (pretending to be her own Swedish maid to keep Austin from serving her with anulment papers) and who celebrated her victories with her, whether it was moving past bulimia or manipulating Austin yet again.

She sees the man who knew when to believe her (that Mary really HAD kidnapped Will) and when not to until Kate played on his worst fear: that he would be second-best to Sami like he always was to Carrie and Nicole.

She sees someone who fought through his demons (alcohol and sibling rivalry/inferiority) to become a better father to their son (sober and now friendly with his siblings).

She sees someone capable of horrible acts, but also of paying for them and repenting.

She sees someone who is patient and forgiving... yet petty, sarcastic, materialistic, obsessive, and sometimes unreasonably attached to the mother who was the only constant in his growing up as they moved from place to place in New York with Lucas more confidant than child. No wonder he was so jealous when Austin and Billie turned up....

She sees the man who went through the Salem Serial Killer fiasco with her.

She sees the man who wears stupid boxers to make her laugh and has underwear races with her.

She sees someone she tried to pull away from, but never could.

She sees the man who proposed three times (first engagement alone) to give her just what she wanted.

Yes, she sees Will's father.

She sees all of her adult life: the good, the bad, the ugly.

She sees a reflection and a compliment to everything she is. She sees someone with whom she's been to hell and back.

She sees a Horton black sheep who struggles to fit like she's a Brady black sheep who struggles to fit.

She sees her fellow mega-brat, her partner in crime, her prom date, her son's father, her best friend, her worst enemy, her lover, her husband, and the love of her life.

Sami sees plenty when she looks at Lucas.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe that is what you see, but it certainly was never written that way! lol Sami certainly has never given the impression on air that she says any of that What I see is a mamas boy who spent many years trying to destroy Sami, going so far as letting her be executed for a murder she didn't committ, and waiting the very last minute to stop it from happening. I just see no sexual chemistry between Lucas and Sami, and as soon as the writers decide to finally write a story for EJ and Sami, they will be the rooting couple for the audience. Lucas and Sami= Roman and Marlena. Sami and EJ= John and Marlena. sami and EJ are the future, Lucas and Sami are the past

• Members

Wrong!

In the end, Lucas and Sami are the ones who will end up together. There is no comparison with Lumi and John and Marlena or Roman And Marlena. The relationships are so different. First all John never raped Marlena. EJ has admitted he raped her. Lucas and Sami has spent fourteen years trying to get their act together, EJ and Sami have been "together" a couple of months. Lumi are the end game.

• Members

What of what I wrote didn't happen?

Lucas DIDN'T help Sami when she was raped (twice)? Lucas DIDN'T scheme with Sami? They WEREN'T best friends all through their teenage years? They DIDN'T go through the serial killer mess together? They HAVEN'T talked about getting past the nasty things they did to each other?

Today she said to EJ "I don't want you to adore me-- that's what my husband is for." Seems like TODAY she knew the Lucas loves her and wanted him to do so.

She called him "General" last week! That's a nickname that goes all the way back to 1993 when he wore that uniform.

At the last anniversary special, Doug and Julie were shown having flashbacks to Sami meeting Lucas because Sami thought about it enough to tell Julie.

There was a montage at their wedding earlier this month full of flashbacks-- flashbacks the characters were having.

LUMI QUOTE, 1994: <-- She seems him as her friend

Lucas: Well, I dunno. I feel like I got this strength inside and I want to do something with it. And you know what, Sami? I think you’ve got that exact same strength inside of you. And when all this blows over you’re gonna be just fine. You could use a friend in your corner though, couldn’t you?

Sami: I guess so.

Lucas: So? Friends? Sami: You know what, Lucas, I never thought I’d say this but . . . yeah. Friends.

LUMI QUOTE, 1995: (Will's conception) <--- She trusts him to stick by her when no one else does

Sami: I trust you, Lucas. And I'm not afraid. Not with you.

LUMI QUOTE, 2003: <-- She's attracted to him

Sami: I get to feast my eyes on your ripped six pack and daydream about pulling the itty-bitty towel you wear off so I can check out your equipment.

Sami: Now you’re flaunting your six-pack and flexing your rippling muscles.

Lucas: Rippling, huh?

Sami: I was just being descriptive.

LUMI QUOTE, 2004 <--- She reflects on their past and that maybe he SHOULD hate her

Sami: You should hate me.

Lucas: Yeah, I should. But I don’t.

Sami: [to Unconscious Lucas] You have to be okay, Lucas. I would die if anything happened to you. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything, Lucas. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I've been such a bitch to you lately. You know, I don't handle drama well. I mean, I'm good at creating it, but when it's thrown at me, I sort of freak out.

Sami: I'm afraid we'd be doing this for all the wrong reasons.

Lucas: No. No, we already did that. That happened the first time that we had sex and I got you pregnant with Will, because we were so screwed up on the inside, both of us.

Sami: Yeah, you didn't want me. You wanted my sister.

Lucas: So what? You wanted my brother.

Chemistry is subjective, and some will see it between Sami and EJ. But alleged chemistry does not negate that Sami loved Lucas and married him because she loves him-- not because of Will.

• Members

If anything, Sami & EJ is equivalent to... Phillip & Chloe... Mimi & Shawn... Victor & Vivian... John & Kristen... Jennifer & Frankie... Bo & Billie... Hope & Franco... Yeah, it might work out for a little bit, but it's not the money couple. The money couples would be... Brady & Chloe... Belle & Shawn... Victor & Kate... John & Marlena... Jennifer & Jack... Bo & Hope... Sami & Lucas.

I, too, don't get this whole push to break up Sami & Lucas so soon after they've finally gotten together. It's not like the fanbase isn't there or else it wouldn't have been one of DAYS' most successful pairings in the past 4 years.

I don't watch soaps for moral decency either, nor does anyone else. Otherwise, The Guiding Light would still be offering church sermons as part of their daily storyline (Oh, wait... Josh wants to be a minister now... oh, boy...)

• Members

I don't doubt that Sami loves Lucas and that is why she married him. I also believe that Lucas is the safe choice; by marrying Lucas and having a family with him, she gets to be loved by the Hortons and the Bradys; she gets to "belong." Although I find it interesting that you didn't quote anything between 1995 and 2003 when it comes to Lucas and Sami. How about the time when Lucas was in a coma, and Sami was screaming at him, wanting him to die. That was romantic :) You know, only time will tell what happens with this story. I'm just trying to figure out how EJ's "rape" of Sami is why that relationship could never happen, but Lucas letting Sami go on death row for a murder he comitted, is ok. Explain the difference please :) However, I love the debate this story is causing. One can only hope that it is reflected in the ratings!

• Members

Sami & Celeste's so-called "plot" was all Elvis's doing. It was his twisted way of proving that she had feelings for him. As for those other incidents, they are minor and not remotely comparable to anything Elvis has put Sami through. And being teased by a woman is never a "mitigating" factor for RAPE!

Nearly every scenario I've read for an Elvis/Sami "romance" involves them *bonding* over this baby...a baby that would be the product of rape. When Elvis plotted to impregnate her with the Dimera seed, his one goal was to get the stem cells to save Stefano. But it's safe to assume he also believed this would further his obsession with Sami (ie. by tying her to him for life). The *bonding* scenario thus allows him to achieve one of the goals of the rape. You can frame it in the language of redemption, but the initial crime is still being rewarded.

I explained it in post #41. :)

• Members

Lucas and Sami have lost it and there fan base is weak hence the terrible ratings they received for their fiasco marriage. There is no money couple here and we can go back to last summer ratings and how great ejami was then to refute then.

Lucas is just a boring character and has no lead actor qualities. He is corny as heck and his 13 year old boy supposedly funny routine is old just like the two slurping on couch is old and revolting.

Its time for future and we all know that entails Ejami. James and Ali work so well off of each other and their is countless sl there and they are all fresh.

• Members

ICAM!!!

Anyone else watch that SoapNet Mother's Day marathon that had the 1995 ep of Lucas and Sami's first time? Well I did and not even five minutes after they get done doing it Sami is thinking about how to use her sex with Lucas to ensnare Austin. LOL. I mean I remembered how obsessively in love she was with Austin then but I had forgotten just how blatant it was for what little interest she had in pursuing a relationship with Lucas. I think it's some serious revisionist history to pretend that both of them have always been in love with each other all of this entire fourteen years. You may have wanted the couple to happen the entire time, but the characters on the show didn't want it the entire time. At times they've liked/loved each other but if they are to have supposed to have been in love with each other all this time they certainly didn't demonstrate it on the show.

And the thing is I even enjoyed Lucas and Sami together in the past heading into their first wedding. If Lucas had saw through his mom's crap at that wedding and stood by Sami then, told his mom off then when she was lying to him the way they have him doing this wedding when his mom told him the truth, maybe I could have forever supported the couple even when the chemistry isn't there any longer and the story is bland for them. But he didn't stand by her then and in fact jilted her at the altar another time after that before marrying her sister, who he wouldn't have divorced had Carrie not cheated on him, so I see no reason to tie Sami to Lucas forever and pretend they're some needs to stay together forever supercouple. They're not.

I didn't realize I was part of a "whole push" but I have to say I never wanted them to get back together last fall, especially not in the manner they threw them back together way too fast, and have wanted them to break up the entire time they've been reunited. I don't see anything that would make me change my mind and want them to stay married either. If Sami and EJ couldn't happen I'd still want someone else for Sami and Lucas. The chemistry and storylines just do nothing for me.

• Members

If the plot was all EJ's doing then why did we get to see Celeste meeting with Benji in the car to plot against EJ before she went to Sami? If the plot was all EJ's doing then why did he really think Sami was going to run away to Vegas with him and tell Kate and Lucas as much? Why did EJ really think Sami was telling the truth about wanting the baby to be a Dimera? I always thought EJ just forced Celeste to tell him about her scheme at some point, then he had her continue along with it when he found out about it as a way to test Sami, not that EJ came up with it. That's not the same thing as it being all EJ's doing. Sami didn't have to go along with trying to kill him. She could have told Lucas the truth at any time. Like when EJ busted her for the fake amnio and told her he wanted her to go to Lucas and say there was a 50/50 chance he was the father of the baby. Sami instead chose to seduce him and try to kill him.

Calm down. The full quote was: "That doesn't make what followed with the sextortion/rape in the car with the intent to plant the Dimera seed OK, but it does mitigate things for me personally just in that I can understand why E.J. was mad at Sami at the time he picked her up along the highway even if it doesn't make what he did OK."

For me personally, it's a mitigating factor in the sense that I can understand where the character was coming from even if I didn't like what he did. That is what I'm talking about.

Archived