Favorite Storyline in History?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, I'm going to try and choose ONE for each soap that I watch.

AMC: Satin Slayer

I'm a huge fan of serial killer storylines, so I obviously loved this one. So many people could've been the killer, and I never suspected Alex. It was such a good move to make him the killer. This gave Thorsten Kaye and Alicia Minshew great material to work with. TPTB even shocked us by killing Dixie and then making us believe that they'd killed Babe. Of course we can't forget that they even worked Janet in to this story :). I hope that there can be another story this thrilling soon.

ATWT: The Oakdale Slasher

Wow, another serial killer story. This is a story that really got me hooked on ATWT. Not much to say about it, but it was just so wonderfully campy!!

B&B: Sheila's New Life

It was so creative that Sheila should arrive in LA to start a new life away from GC. I knew all along that it wouldn't last, but it was fun to see her in a different light. I was so happy that the psycho Sheila whom I loved resurfaced in no time.

DAYS: The Salem Stalker

Hands down my favorite daytime storyline EVER!! THIS is how you do a serial killer story. No one is safe. ANYONE could be the killer. Keep the audience at the edge of their seat! Every single day for MONTHS I was rushing to my TV set everyday to see what would happen with this story (and every other one). All of the other sub-plots were great too-- Jan's return to Salem, Nicole vs. Victor, Bonnie's introduction, etc. This is the reason why I love JER (well, ONE of the reasons). I only wish he'd have done something like this for Passions.

GH: Carly's Breakdown

As a huge Jennifer Bransford fan, I just can't express how much I loved this story. She was an amazing actress and the writing was superb.

OLTL: Margaret Cochran

Margaret is my favorite fictional character in the history of the world. Everything they did with her (except kill her) was pure brilliance. How I miss her :(

PSSNS: Mrs. Wallace, Precious, and Beth vs. Shuis

It used to make my day to come and see Mrs. Wallace, Precious, and Beth. It was such comical relief!!

Y&R: Sheila's 2005 Return

Yeah, I know most people hated it, but I LOVED IT!! Kimberlin was so great when Sheila would just break out into laughter or start speaking in that evil whisper. It was just amazing.

• Members

Days: Jack and Jennifer breakup after she slap him and calls him a Rapist until their wedding (1991).

I thought it was such a great story.the acting was incredible and the dialouge was flowless.this is how you break up a couple with no third party involved and make the audience care about them(yes there was frankie,but he was only supporting the story and brought out Jack's insecurity.and Eve..Loved her wedding to Jack and all the foursome interaction).

more soaps later...

• Members

Days - Cruise of Deception

I found this to be the most entertaining story in the history of Days. It had all the ingredients you need, the use of supercouples, characters combined with great writing, drama, suspense and adventure.

• Members

One from each.

AMC-

Jenny falls in love with Greg, but Liza stands in her way.

Guiding Light-

Roger Thorpe manipulates Alexandra Spaulding, her family and friends warn her, but she doesn't listen. But when his deeds are uncovered, she gets even, starting with Mindy, and cutting Roger down at the country club in front of the whole town. She gets even, but she is wounded by the ordeal.

Y&R-

Sheila Carter wants Lauren's husband, her baby, and her life!

DAYS-

Carly buried alive. The first "Reilly" storyline, and the best. Vivian rolling over Carly's grave is still chilling and wonderfully over the top, but in the right way.

OLTL-

Viki has more than one alter, and Dorian knows why Viki is the way she is.

Loving-

The Loving murders.

ATWT-

Lily's first few years on the show, early Holden, Lucinda is not her birth mother.

GH-

I have to name 2 here-

BJ's heart, and Stone fight with AIDS.

• Members

AMC

Erica's addiction to painkillers....it was well written and acted and I think Susan Lucci should have gotten her first Emmy for this story. There were a lot of characters involved and it showed a powerful woman making the tough decision to seek help for her addiction. There were a lot of tearjerking moments and it was just an overall great story that was socially conscious and educated viewers

• Members

Days: Cruise of Deception, Isabella's death, Carly buried alive, Sami/Austin/Carrie/Lucas round 1, Maison Blanche, Aremid, the baby switch reveal (bope/abe&lexie), the salem stalker storyline up until the reveal.....

AMC- the tornado

GH- antonio sabato jr's tenure on the show, Brenda, Sonny, Jax...

• Members

Days

The Johnson Family storyline - Steve finds out who Adrienne is, Steve meets his mother again, Duke's murder by Adrienne, reveal that Jack is really Billy Johnson and Jack finding out his true identity.

Outstanding acting, total character driven moments, pure angst and heartfelt emotions that drew you in and helped you root for and understand the characters and their motivations.

• Members

SuBe: Terror Island was very interesting. And the Shockwave storyline too! Those were really fine storylines!

Plus, everyone loved the LOVING murders. And the DOOL Salem Stalker.

• Members

DAYS: It's a tie between Buried Alive, Maison Blanche, The Possession and The Secret Room. I can't choose from those... it's like asking me to choose a favorite child! That is, if I were a father.

Maison Blanche

The Possession

Buried Alive

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

The Secret Room

Guiding Light: I was a big fan of Annie Dutton's reign of terror over Reva, but I'll say that Clone Reva and The Nursery Rhyme Stalker tie with me as my favorite GL story of all time.

Clone Reva

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

">

I'd type out the rest for all the other soaps I've watched, but I'm too tired to think right now.

Archived