DAYS: Did Corday Hit the Lotto?

• Members

I loved a lot of what Hogan did on ATWT. But he did write this way on that show too. He liked Martha, so we got Simon/Lily, and Rose. He did not use most of the other vets, except Barbara. He almost destroyed her in the process. There was no talk of budget back then.

It is clear to me, from posts here and sporadic viewing, that he likes Steve/Kayla. He likes Shawn and Belle, and Sami. He loves EJ. Kind of like how he loved Craig. He'll use Hope and Bo to move a plot about the ones he loves, but not them in their own story (kind of like Margo).

When his work started, with Jennifer and Jack back to their classic selves, I thought he would be excellent on DAYS. Marelena was very much like her old self too, 1980's Marlena, not Reilly Marlena.

I loved Anna back in the day. I'm excited to see her return. But I do not want Anna and Tony to be pushed in front of Bo and Hope, or Marlena.

Hogan is a talented writer. I think Days can pull this off, and give us one of those great adventures of the 80's, involving most of the big names, with a little of the Gothic Dimera flair of the 90's. I will watch, and give the show another chance.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quick question...Do you think the reason Days is using Ali Sweeney so much the past few months is because she is hosting The Biggest Loser this summer..Is she going to need time off to do the show? I've been wondering that the past couple days..I hope they lower Ali's load a little over the summer, but i don't want Sami on the backburner..She's a character that should always be in the forefront..she just doesn't need to be on 5 days a week...

Archived