Good 'ole "DAYS"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hated the Salem Stalker storyline because some of my favorites were killed off (Jack! Maggie!) However, I thought it was well done for the most part, until the island silliness. When I knew a murder episode was coming up, I actually had nightmares about it. And every time I got together with friends or my sisters, we always ended up talking about it. Now every one I know has given up on Days, except for my mom. :(

• Members

The Salem Stalker is my favorite storyline in the HISTORY of DAYS!!!!

It was better than ANY slasher movie, and believe me....I'm a slasher fan. JER used so much of the cast for it and even brought back my Jan!! Deidre Hall was AMAZING at playing evil Marlena. It was just so....so.....amazing. EXACTLY why I love JER.

• Members

The Salem Serial Killer story COULD have been riveting television if JER could have just resisted his urges to play it out like one big cartoon. There was Marlena falling off a building and bouncing off a tarp landing on top of Sami, Sami carving a turkey with Kate's head on it, Julie and Doug's "Hey everyone! We're back! And we brought a TIGER!!!!", and Marlena wishing she had gotten Alice's donut recipe after killing her then Hattie selling the rest of them off on ebay. Bad, bad, cartoonish stuff. Then the island mess that followed; Poor Celeste. Who can ever believe her again when she channelled the spirit of Abe, a person who was never dead. And I was SO hoping for an explanation for Caroline's dance in hell on Bo's PDA. We never DID find out what the hell Tom Horton was trying to tell Alice.

From what I understand, the orgininal plot line surrounding the murders was to have Stefano and witchcraft involved. Also, who else remembers JER discussing with Michael Logan about his plan for a Days spin-off back in the spring of 2004?

• Members

Oh no, my mind is now being inundated with all of the many plot holes in the Salem Stalker storyline! I won't be able to sleep tonight. Maybe Horton the tiger will show up at Sami's wedding, LOL. But I really liked Doug and Julie's reunion. Doug came back and Julie was sitting at the table in Maggie's house and said "Darling, could you hand me a pen?" Then she realized it was really him and passed out. Loved that! Julie and Doug were my first super couple and they are really cheesy and overly cutesy now, but I still love them.

• Members

The Salem Serial Killer was an awesome storyline up until the reveal that Marlena was the killer. Everything was consistent up until that point. After the reveal, everything went down from Doug's death and on.

• Members

The SSK could have been good and from the beginning it was. But Melaswan was horrid, and Alice's and Doug's deaths just never settled with me, along with Marlena herself being the killer and Tony being the one behind it.

The DiMera's should not have had anything to do with the story, just for difference. This may sound crazy and I heard rumours of this, but it is JER like. I think alot more story potential would have been Marlena possessed.....by SAM! Sam takes over Marlena's life again, literally, and her goal is to make the people Marlena was close to die. Maggie, John, Cassie, Roman, even Tony! And JER could have written it right, I know when Sam died she was good, but who knows? I just am trying to think of ways to make the story interesting and my character be back.

Marlena's actions during that story after she was revealed to be the killer resembled Sam and Hattie's. That just had so much potential...

• Members

Ernesto being the killer would have made sense to a certain point if the Alice murder did not happen, and the Cassie murder would have had to be strictly a "she found out so I had to kill her" reason. If a few tweaks were made to the story that would probably have worked...and, if he had been the killer and tweaks had been made, he should have killed Victor. Made alot more sense than Jan killing him.

Archived