ALL: Why doesn't Disney just launch its own Noggin?

• Members

Disney has a wonderful foundation for a teen channel by having the rights to 90210, OTH, and The OC. So why don't they do it? Why not take 90210, The OC, OTH and launch a teen channel to rival Noggin? Also bring back other teen dramas that are no longing airing on TV to build around those three core shows. Why mess with the station that is suppose to cater to adults who love soaps and classic soaps? Disney would have another station that caters to another fanbase. They have ESPN that caters to sports lovers. They have Disney that caters to kids and pre-teens. They have ABC family that has family shows and movies. They had soapnet which catered to adults who love soaps. So why not launch a station that caters to just teens?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I absolutely agree. That would make the most sense, but I think Disney wants to stay away from anything remotely controversial. When they aired reruns of Growing Pains and Boy Meets World they have banned several episodes that dealt with serious topics. Lets face it, OC and OTH are ALL about serious subjects.

Although, I think you meant a brand new CHANNEL, not just a version of The N on Disney.

ITA on them launching another channel geared towards teens and young adults.

• Members

I have wondered this myself. I figured, when The-N, gets its own channel (as it is shared with kiddie Noggin)... then Disney will start to develop one too; seeing that the teen/young adult area seemed to be working out real well for Nick. There's Nicktoons/Toon Disney and Nick 2/Disney 2, eventually it will happen, as Disney's viewship is growing up and rather than lose them to Nick... they could keep them with a competing network.

• Members

I always thought that Disney and Nick shared the same audience. All of their little shows blend together to me anyway, except for Disney's "Life with Derek," which is actually kinda cool.

I've always thought that there should be a channel based entirely on teen dramas. There's way too many of those types of shows for there not to be one. It can span all the way from the 1970s with "Eight is Enough" and "Little House on the Prairie" and go all the way to the 2000s with all of the current shows.

Archived