PSNS Finale Casting Rumours

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why would Good win?

If Reilly really wanted to go out with a shock good would lose. As it should, because most of the representatives for Good are horribly, horribly boring or have caused more damage than Tabitha ever could have.

And why on earth would Reilly dedicate a significant amount of time to resolution and weddings? The man spent, what, 8 years dragging [!@#$%^&*] out and almost systematically demolishing any couple fans enjoyed. He was doing the same on Days. It's just not in him to resolve, let alone resolve in more than, say, 5 minutes for a triple/quadruple/howevermany wedding.

I like the dead Theresa ending, JSF, though I have nothing against Theresa. I also really want a Shuis reunion with their final scene revealing "Sheridan" to be Beth in a mask.

Passions at its best is a twisted mockery of soaps, so for it to go out with Good winning and weddings and reunions and crap would be really, really lame. Unless there are reunions in Hell.

• Members

EXCELLENT post, px.

Phenomenally said about Reilly dragging things out. And systematically breaking up each couple.

And that, my friends, is why I think Theresa has the best shot of dying. (And remember, the show won't rely on her "star" status to continue on -- so it very well could happen. It's not like saying "Oh, that girl is SO safe" when you're watching a serial killer story on OLTL or something, lol. THis is IT. So any of 'em could die.)

So why, for someone who hates couples happy together, would there be a happy ending? It'd almost be poetic for Theresa to die, when she finally nabbed the man she wanted her WHOLE life.

That's powerful soap opera.

Oh, damn...oh, oh, Dear GOD, I'm a Theresa and ET fan and I'm almost liking the Theresa dies story! DAMN.

But Rion, I agree that it's obviously Tabitha who'll (at least be one of the people to) die. Right when we learned Tab was a witch, I just knew it would all end with her either going to heaven or hell with a battle of good vs. evil.

• Members

He tries to hide it but it's almost like the biggest inside -- fast becoming outside -- joke. It's like the Superman parodies on SNL, lol.

Anyway, I've tried lame combinations before, but here's a lamer and sensible one:

RIONPassions

REILLY inks on "Passions."

Oh, there are better ones than that. IT's VERY VERY lame, I know. But ya gotta be creative!

• Members

So I don't watch Passions that much but, I have to agree with those of you that think Theresa will die. I think Tabby will find a way to survive (through Endora or whatever.) Imagine Lindsey, Eric, Liza etc. in those scenes. That would be a fabulous ending for a show that never got any respect.

• Members

OH, never got respect? I don't know why they always say that.

It got more mainstream press -- and yes, positive press -- than any other soap on the air during its time.

I think the snooty daytime community was the only community that didn't respect the show.

And yet they tried to copy it every chance they got!

No respect, indeed!

• Members

I'm sorry, days, are you kidding?

USA TODAY

Entertainment Weekly

TV Guide..

Rolling Stone

No matter what they're credentials are, or what people want to say about those publications, they're MAINSTREAM. And all gave the show VERY FAVORABLE reviews. Raves even. That's mainstream. That's huge.

I'm not really going to have to mention what shows copied "Passions," am I?

Obviously, we can start with "Days" -- the Will doll was SO BLATANTLY a Timmy rip-off. TV Guide even asked JER about that in 2000. He of course took the high road and said he was flattered (as opposed to seeking legal action).

And the supernatural elements were tried on soaps especially after "Passions" hit in 1999 and became a critical hit. Or stories with supernatural overtones. Like that stupid Angel story on GH. Obviously the vampires on PC. "Days" and their Garden of Eden crap, among other things...

You can't ask me to name 'em all because that's impossible. But I remember when TV Guide took Reilly to task on the obvious imitations.

Archived