B&B lost 50% of vieuwers

• Members

B&B switched channels in the Netherlands on January 1, 2007 and lost a lot of viewers since then. The network that is broadcasting the show tried out different times to broadcast the show, but viewers are not finding it. Currently we are seeing episodes of the summer of 2004, if im right. B&B is now on the air right against As The World Turns, and while As the world Turns (episodes of 2005's summer) is getting better ratings almost every week, B&B is losing them.

It's only 3 weeks ago that Days of our Lives got cancelled in the Netherlands, and B&B ratings almost sinked to Days level. So is B&B the next soap to leave in the Netherlands? I would be a shame. I think the network that has the soap right now is not going to renew the contract after the 3 years are over. They paid a lot for it, to get the rights to air the soap. And when ratings are that low as they are now, I don't think another network wants it anymore. So hopefully for B&B they will get a new timeslot, (timeslot number 6 in half a year) and ratings are going to get up.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same thing happend in Sweden. They wanted to cancel the show but the fans got it back (which I'm very proud of). We got invited to the network and all after the victory against them. They said they've never seen anything like B&B's fanbase, they were stunned and simply had no other choice but to bring it back. lol

They had no place for B&B on their biggest channel so they put it on another which many people don't have. It got a way better slot in the afternoon (around 5 pm) but since not nearly as many people are able to watch the show the ratings are low. But atleast it got renewed for 3 more years.

• Members

In Germany it was the same. In 2000 B&B got cancelled by RTL (along with Days, GL and Sunset Beach), but the fanbase was so strong that the ZDF - our second national television station - acquired the rights and started showing the soap in January 2002, with two episodes each day and no commercial breaks. It airs at 11.15 am here. Because the ratings were good, they even tried a later slot at 3 pm for a short period, but that wasn't a good choice, so B&B went back to its early noon timeslot. Currently we are seeing episodes from June 2005.

In Austria, the show will be cancelled in a few weeks, though. But luckily, the Austrian people can watch German television.

Archived