AMC head writer spoiler

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, that is disappointing. I would like to see Carruthers gone too. And I wonder if she tried to shift most of the blame about Cadie being let go on McTavish when it was really her and Frons. Very sneaky and underhanded if it is true.

• Members

As I said before, I believe the news over the summer about McTavish being fired was damn sure true....it just wasn't supposed to break out when it did...which is why ABC made us take down the report. If it was untrue, they would have said it wasn't true. We've been wrong in the past, but were never forced to take down a report by ABC.

As far as AMC goes, I think Amanda and Jeff will take over the show. Now that OLTL has paired Higley with a co-writer, I think Kay's focus will be put on AMC.

Thanks to SOW for giving us some crumbs regarding the new writers.

• Members

Julie Carruthers is still one of the best EP's in the industry today. She took a lot of unnecessary flack for Cady's release when in fact, she was probably just doing the bidding of McTavish and Frons. Cady said that McTavish said there is no more story to tell. That was all McTavish. I will never blame JHC for the mess at AMC, especially when she was dealing with two hacks (Frons and McTavish) over her.

• Members

I'm still not sure exactly how much power JHC has.

I was excited when she was first hired because I knew she had worked as an associate producer on the critically acclaimed Santa Barbara and on Wendy Riche's equally acclaimed version of GH. I don't blame her for the scifi mess on Port Charles since the network was experimenting with that show. I think if given the chance, she could be a great executive producer.

Do you think JHC will be able to put her stamp on AMC now that McT is finally out or is Frons still going to force his ideas on her?

• Members

I'm thrilled that Kay Alden will be overseeing AMC and that Amanda Beall, my favorite current writer, will most likely be co-headwriter.

Imo, Beall & to a lesser degree Joanna Cohen have been the only current writers to overcome McT's one-dimensional plots and actually give us great character-driven scenes. Let the rebirth of AMC begin!

• Members

I really think that McTavish was going last year but something happened that delayed her firing. Either she got a temporary reprieve with the Zoe/Zarf storyline or Burton Armus and Frons had a blow out. Or maybe they didn't like his storyline ideas. I think the show would have been much better off if they would have gone ahead and gotten rid of her last Oct. and had interim writers.

I don't know what to think about Carruthers. I have seen a lot of posters who hated what she did to Port Charles. They claim she ruined the show but I never watched so I don't know. I just want AMC to get better and move in the right direction. And if that means they have to get a new EP, I am all for it.

• Members

Actually, Agnes Nixon had the title of Consulting Producer back in 2005. When ABC was promoting AMC's 35th Anniversary, Nixon was introduced to the media as the CP. She never was credited on the show, but that's the title that she had. I'm not sure if she retains that position anymore but wouldn't it be great if she was consulting with Kay Alden?

• Members

Hasn't Agnes Nixon been out of the picture for several years other than making bizarre comments about junk trying to do damage control?

I find it odd this story of promoting 2 HWs from within with Kay Alden in some murky non-head-writing position. Why would they hire her if they're not really going to actually use her? And I truly hope they don't make Beall one of the 2. She was not one of the better script writers the show has seen.

• Members

I thought I read a rumor about Agnes Nixon washing her hands of AMC. Of course, it's not like Frons will give her much say about the show anymore. It's run by a corporation now.

It is curious that they didn't just go ahead and promote Alden to HW. Why promote two writers and not go ahead and hire her?? She is working for ABC right now. I wonder if they still want Alden to work on OLTL for a while or if they have someone else in mind to take over AMC. Or she could be learning the history of the show more but hasn't she been with ABC for several months now?? Maybe she doesn't want the job because she knows what a mess the show is in!!! :lol:

• Members

Perhaps they are preparing for Kay Alden to Co Head Write OLTL along with Ron Carlivati. After all, she has been consulting on the show recently, Carlivati was just promoted and Higley's contract is up later this year.

Archived