Deep in the Pits of

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All the ones you mention except for Lynn Latham.

If she belongs there then so does someone like Hogan Sheffer. To me Latham and Sheffer are in the same boat. They are both writers that when they are good they are very very good, but when they are bad they are horrible.

• Members

Tom Langan.

JER in his current form sucks, but for me, over the past 14 years, he has done more good work than bad. Although the last 3 years he has sucked, that doesn't completely override 11 years of me loving him. Sooo, I am not going to put him there. But, clearly, I can see why anyone would.

• Members

I agree that so far even though Hogan and I don't agree on everything he is doing that he is off to a good start at Days, but overall his success in daytime puts him on equal footing with Lynn Latham.

Ask any ATWT fan during his tenure and they will tell you that Hogan had some real stinker storylines while he was at ATWT. Even if he learned from some of his lessons those stories still make him an uneven headwriter for now.

• Members

Leah Laiman wasn't THAT bad on AW's deathbed! Maybe Christopher Goutman had a lot to do with that too...And Brad Bell may have his campy moments, but always delivers when the time comes. Although I used to LOVE Jimmy Reilly, yeah, there's a special place in hell for him too.

My Picks:

James Lipton(Head-Writer of CAPITOL in its final years.)

Although I never SAW the show, the backstage gossip and synopsis on the CAPITOL Fansite were all I needed to hear.

Ellen Weston(Head-Writer of GUIDING LIGHT from 2003-2005(?))

Terrible, terrible writer. Maryanne Carruthers 20-Year Nonsensical Story, anyone?!

Scott Hamner(Head-Writer of PORT CHARLES with Lynn Marie Latham in 1998, Solo for part of 1999)

Was there a worse story on that show than Psychic Espionage and the Frank/Courtney/Joe/Karen quad? How uneven! And Lucy the AIDS activist having unprotected sex in the Everglades with Scotty(who f!#$ed wh*re Eve Lambert to high heaven)? Yeah, wasn't THAT just great!?

Margaret DePriest(Head Writer of ANOTHER WORLD, SUNSET BEACH) who refused to write Frankie Frame's death in a way where she could be resurrected, because "Cass should return to his playboy, roguish ways." WTF ever!

• Members

Lumina /Amalie/Jordan Stark? Psycho Marley? Boca Linda? Felicia's boy toy Sergei? Her AW was pretty bad in my opinion.

I don't really have any writers to nominate for the "hell" category though. All of them that I've seen have had somewhat decent moments, even Laiman, who I would consider my least favorite probably.

• Members

Please DO.

She introduced Nicole "dull as cardboard" Walker to the show as well as her annoying ass little sister, Taylor... and tossed them in a boring ass triangle with Eric. NO.

She introduced Swamp Girl... uhh, NO.

The convoluted Princess Gina story rests on her shoulders, as well as SubSex/JOPE. NO.

She did do a few decent things, but her Days (for the most part) was a complete bore and a complete bust. She took the show from huge ratings into a nosedive.

Archived