DAYS: EJ/Sami storyline predictions anyone?

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the father of Sami's baby?

• EJ
    • Lucas
    • EJ and Lucas

• Members

I am very certain that Sami will end up pregnant, and I am hoping the baby will be EJ's. There is so much more storyline with that possibility than if it was Lucas's. There is Sami deciding if she could keep a DiMera child. And when she does, there is the inevitable power struggle the would occur.

When Hogan wrote for ATWT, I remember storylines where there were a few battles over babies.

Gosh, if Lucas was the father, that would be such. a. boring. storyline. No legs.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sami is pregnant with twins where EJ is the father of one baby; Lucas is the father of the other baby, similiar to Blake/Ross/Rick storyline on GL (thanks Dan for giving more details to that story). However, unlike the GL copout of making Ross-Blake's husband, the father of both twins, Hogie will make the paternity of each twin permanent.

I think that Nick, the genetics major, will get involved in the story somehow. There was a reason why Hogie decided to place him in the hospital working as a geneticist. Was it b/c of this storyline perhaps? Maybe Nick helps Sami perform a paternity test clandestinely and switch the results to make both twins Lucas even though she knows that one is Lucas' and one is EJ's? Maybe she considers having an abortion before she finds out that she has twins, but she can't have said abortion, b/c the doctors wouldn't know which fetus to abort and she wouldn't want to abort the fetus fathered by Lucas?

At first, I was thinking that the show wouldn't want us to know the paternity of the twins until after they were born. But the dilemma of wanting to abort the one fetus conceived by rape while bearing the other conceived by love is just too good of a dramatic opportunity to pass up. Besides, Hogie has been letting us and the characters in on things fairly quickly. I don't think that he would torture us with having to find out the identity of the twins' paternity until November....

The reason why I think Hogie/Days will go with the twin with different fathers' approach is that it will satisfy a fanbase (Lumi) while still providing a rich storyline for years to come with a Brady-Dimera baby.

• Members

I really like your whole post, ademption, but I, for one, am about through with switched paternity tests. And Sami has done this twice now. If it is the way you say, it would satisfy both fanbases, but will Hogan do the dramatic thing and just have her pregnant with one child?

• Members

Yeah, but what would stop Sami from having an abortion if she found out that the fetus was EJ's? That she couldn't have another child? Well, that would be unsatisfying for Lumi fans to know that Lumi would never be able to have a child again. Even if Lumi were able to produce a miracle baby down the road, would Lumi fans stick around for that possibility months, possible years from now for that miracle child? I doubt that.

So what other explanation could the show come up with to force Sami to have EJ's child instead of going for the abortion option? She's a devout Catholic and doesn't believe in abortion? That's a possibility, I guess.

Another possibility would be that Sami/Nick for whatever reason couldn't determine the paternity of the fetus until it was born. Sami wouldn't want to abort a baby that possibly could be Lucas'. There's a lot of tension during Sami's pregnancy over the paternity of the fetus. I guess that could work too!!

I just think the twin story is better than Sami just having one baby. We can avoid the tired WTD story and go directly into the horror of Sami having EJ's baby with a Lumi baby to mollify that fanbase. Perhaps Sami and maybe Lucas could know the identity of which twin is the Dimera baby but the rest of the world does not. Since the Bradys hate the Dimeras, it would be a way for Sami to protect the Dimera seed from other families not accepting the child.

I think every single person, John, Abe, Roman and Bo who convinced Sami to get involved in the EJ investigation will carry some guilt about the fact that Sami is carrying the Dimera heir. I don't think it was an accident that Hogie had all 4 of them persuade Sami to trick EJ, despite her misgivings. That's going to play into the story too. Like maybe their natural inclination is to hate the Brady-Dimera offspring, but there's guilt there as well. Hogie has set up this story pretty well, IMHO!!

Can't wait to see how it all plays out....

• Members

After the things Sami's done, you're saying she's a "devout Catholic?"

HA.

Thanks for the laugh, lol.

But I agree, she could be "Catholic enough," as they say on "Boston Public," so as not to have an abortion.

I do recall (I believe) scenes when she threatened to abort Will and somehow fell asleep or was drugged or something and almost had the abortion and freaked out because it almost happened. So it's in her character history, I suppose, to not want to go that route.

Anyway, to get back to topic, I SO want an EJami baby. And call me crazy, but somehow, a romance. Maybe Elvis could blackmail Sami, somehow, into marrying him!!! :wub: Oooooh, I would love that. We need something epic to go along with the already epic Brady carrying a DiMera child story.

• Members

Oh, I'm not buying that she's a devout Catholic either. I should have put it in quotes but it's late. Maybe a better way to describe her is she's a cafeteria-style Catholic. I forgot what the term is. I'm not Catholic but I hope you know what I mean.

Even given her history with flirting whether to abort Will and deciding against it, I just don't buy Sami not having an abortion b/c she's Catholic. Belle, yes. Sami, no.

That just leaves the only viable option for her not aborting EJ's baby if the show goes the solo route instead of the twin thing is b/c she's uncertain of the identity of the fetus' father during her pregnancy and a whole drawn out WTD storyline for 8 months or so. Yuck, yuck, yuck!!

• Members

But that's all I'm saying. We still do not know if Hogan will hear what either fanbase is saying. It is now and will be one hell of a story, because good writing just does that.

Which is why I paid my cable bill before anything else! :lol:

• Members

The child is Lucas'. Then, given EJ's plan, he stages an accident of some sort where he kidnaps the child, leaving everyone to think he or she is dead. And, then the child is raised in the DiMera famly, as Kenny said. That's the way I would like to see this storyline played out.

• Members

I think the baby will probably be EJs because a DiMera/Brady child is just too mind blowingly delicious to pass up! I feel kind of conflicted about what I even want to see happen in this situation because EJ/Sami have so much chemistry together (the actors themselves seem to bring out the best in each other) that Sami and Lucas just sound incredibly boring. The problem is going to be the way this child was conceived--can EJ ever be redeemed enough to realistically pair him with Sami? I'd love to see it, though. I'm not and never have been a big fan of Lucas. He's too arrogant and self righteous and always turns on Sami way too easily. She deserves someone with more spine, not a mama's boy that Kate can so easily manipulate. I think they need to either strengthen Lucas's character--quickly--or give up on this pairing.

• Members

And that's what needs to happen. For far too long Lucas has been written as a spoiled mama's boy who needs her permission to do anything. It's been past time for him to man up and start being that man for Sami. She has done dispicable, horrible things to people, but now she is trying her best to grow up, and I for one love the Sami/Lucas pairing. But, if he's going to stay like he's always been, then yes, give it up. The other day, after thye made love, she told him how much she loved him.

He asked her if she slept with E.J. That is not a question a amn would ask at that moment, IMO.

But also too, I maybe would have wanted E.J. & Sami together. That is until this past Friday. Now, I don't want them to turn into Luke & Laura, where she fell in love with a man who raped her.

And, if Jack Devereaux, played by Matt A., can be redeemed, E.J. can too. James Scott also could have chemistry with any female co-star on Days.

• Members

I would like for Lucas and Sami to not play the blame game with each other this time. Lucas stands by Sami regardless of who fathered the baby, like Bo did for Hope. I'm sure Kate will have a hand in this. She will probably try to use this baby to break up Lucas and Sami for good. I also hope Marlena comes out fighting like a mother hen, going after EJ as well and protecting Sami from him.

But since Hogan has hinted Lumi is the endgame, the child will be Lucas' and I hope it's a daughter. To see Sami raising and girl and making sure it won't turn out like her would be something to see!

• Members

Mother hen?

MOTHER LIONESS!!!! I hope she rip[s his scrotum off when she finds out what he did to her, and then let John, Bo, Abe & Lucas have what's left.

And if Kate gets involved and uses that incident to ruin Sami & Lucas, I'm done with her. I have liked her at times, but if it's more important to help the man who wanted to leave your son for dead than it is to make him pay, that's it. She'll be dead to me.

And, have Marlena and Sami ever had a conversation about the time Marlena was raped?

Archived