PSNS: Kristina Sisco Interview

• Members

PASSIONS Interviews

Kristina Sisco: Sweet Charity

By Deanna Barnert

PASSIONS' Charity Standish is all grown up, and so is her new portrayer, AS THE WORLD TURNS alum Kristina Sisco (ex-Abigail). Catch Charity's return to Harmony Nov. 15.

Soap Opera Weekly: How do you feel about being back in daytime?

Kristina Sisco: Yay! I feel good. I've always liked daytime. It's a fantastic schedule, especially after shooting [the movie] The Flock. You realize the soaps have it easy in a lot of ways. I'm happy to be coming back.

Weekly: Any trepidation?

Sisco: Not really. This is going to be a brief stint, so I just want to have fun with it. I don't have any trepidation about signing another contract with a soap and staying in daytime longer. Every acting medium has positives and negatives, and soaps have a lot of positives. Being a working actor and not worrying about when you're next job will come is so nice. During the time I have with PASSIONS, it's nice to relax and not be auditioning. I can focus on one project.

Weekly: You are getting your master’s degree. You earned a B.A. in psychology, so what are you studying now?

Sisco: It's a writing program. There's a focus on screenwriting and fiction. I'm doing both right now and then I'll decide which one to do my thesis on. It's a great creative outlet. I do the soap and then run to class. It's at 7 at night. I'm that kind of person. I have to have a lot of things on my plate.

Weekly: Is music still on your plate?

Sisco: I do absolutely everything. I bop from one thing to the next, but music is on the down low, the back burner, for now. I've been doing the acting and writing, but I'm sure it will switch around. That is so me.

Weekly: You moved around a lot with your family while growing up and then worked in New York, but you've been in Los Angeles for years now. Can we officially call you a West Coaster?

Sisco: You can! I went back to New York [in October] and I did say to myself, "I'm happy I'm in California."

Weekly: Did you visit your old castmates while you were there?

Sisco: I saw Terri (Colombino, Katie). I loved seeing Terri and her new baby girl, Julia! Back in April I went out there for the ATWT luncheon and didn't go by the set, but I did get to see everybody. That was great.

Weekly: You said that being on ATWT and living alone in New York made you feel like you'd grown up fast. What do you think now that you are a college graduate working on your master’s?

Sisco: I wasn't able to be a kid [at ATWT], and I missed that. I'm glad that when I came to California I didn't have the pressure of working full time anymore, [just] going to school. I got to experience a different atmosphere. I got to wind down and to socialize with people more my age. It was wonderful. I like the dichotomy of what happened. I like that I worked early on and I'm really glad I got a chance to decompress and get back to what I missed and learn from the changes.

Weekly: Are the movie and your PASSIONS gig a sign that you're putting yourself back out there again?

Sisco: Once I decided to do graduate school, everything hit. When I started applying, I got The Flock. When I got accepted, I got PASSIONS. Everything comes together. I always thought that with graduate school, a soap would [make for] a nice schedule.

http://soapoperadigest.com/features/passio...s/siscocharity/

Hmm...this interview is pretty much spoiler-free and probably more interesting for ATWT fans anyways. I hate that Charity's return is short-term. If it's short term, they should have tried harder to bring Molly Stanton back, rather than bring on a new actress for a small amount of time.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't really see that since Stanton is now getting primetime work. But I agree, I'd like for her to come back. Back when I watched episodes here and there, I loved Stanton. But as I said, I think she's finally landing some good gigs and I can't see her returning to daytime anytime soon.

• Members

They probably could have got MS back...she's not working on another show right now, is she? I dont really see the point of a new Charity if it's only for a short term run. Because what happens if they want someone who can be on more, and KS cant do the hours they want? They'll just have to recast again. That's PSNS' biggest problem, especially with the Fox/Kay/Miguel storyline, not one of them has been there from the start of the character so there's no history to get invested in.

• Members

I agree but MS's words after she left had a feeling of being done for good just like Jesse Metlcalfe's did. I don't even think she would return short term. I got the feeling she hated playing Charity by the end of her run judging by the tone in which she answered questions. I remember her being on Soaptalk and saying that it was boring to play such a sweet and innocent character. That is why she enjoyed the times Charity went bad because it was a challenge so I think part of why she left was to be challenged because, outside of being evil, she could never be challenged as Charity. The good thing about Sisco is she is a much better actor then MS and may be able to add more depth to Charity even in the short time she is on the show, which could leave some potential for a return even though the role should not be short term considering the gravity of it.

As for the Fox/Kay/Miguel mess, I care about Kay because Mueller has been here for awhile but your right on about nuFox and nuMiguel. They forced the triangle big time, had the flop of a story with Siren, and it doesn't help that most of this is driven by magic and spells and not real feelings. I know supernatural needs to play a part on Passions but in this triangle there could've been actual character-driven stuff here but it is Passions and they rarely go that route. It does not help that both nuFox and nuMiguel can't act at all either.

Archived