• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrator

I'm glad they went with an unknown actress.

Ted/Robin have always been a theme since the very first episode so I don't mind that he's still questioning things.

I agree with this:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/something-new,97540/

Interview with Carter Bays and Craig Thomas: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/how-i-met-your-mother-cristin-milioti/

• Members

It's been SIX bleepin' years since they broke up. They've been "friends", they've been fuckbuddies, they've been "not friends" since. Thematically, we deal with this every time Ted gets close to someone. I understand lingering feelings---I'm a Carjacker after all. But there's nothing that's convinced me in eight years that Robin was ever as emotionally invested in Ted as he is in her. And that imbalance drives me insane. I don't want Ted wasting his time on that 'ho, and it's frustrating to be going over and over and over this same territory when it's been perfectly clear since episode one Robin was not the mother.

I don't care for Robin and Barney either, but that's another thing all together. And rumors that TPTB are going to spend a huge chunk of time next season (I've read the phrase "longest weekend wedding ever" for example) still dealing with Ted/Robin just make me cringe. There's just a point when there's no milk left in a herd of cows.

Wheeeoohhheeewwww....I really needed to get that off my chest. I'd forgotten what it was like to vent. ;)

• Members

I had a feeling they were going to yank our chain with this and I think spending what sounds like a majority of the season telling what happens in the 56 hours leading up to Barney/Robin's wedding is a major mistake.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

While I still think this "wedding weekend season" was a mistake, and more miss than hit episodes, I will admit, I have loved the last two episodes especially. Learning some of the mother's backstory last night was long overdue. I still wish we'd seen more of their relationship play out over the season, but ultimately, nothing was really going to satisfy me given one season of episodes.

I will really miss this show once it wraps up. I think it's one of the most unique shows I've watched. I just read an article with the creators where they credited their slow start with being able to keep the show rooted in their vision.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Arguably the worst series finale ever. Bizarrely downbeat and cold, it kind of crapped all over it's own history with Barney dropping back to his old, hollow ways and Robin becoming MIA as she globetrots the world. And Ted going back to that skunt because he's loved her all along and that's really the point of his story to his kids?

Major Bummer.

Archived