Anyone have any ideas for telenovela story arcs?

vanguard

• Members

I think most of us agree that so far, "Desire" and "Fashion House" ROCKS!!!! Does anyone have any storyline ideas for future telenovelas? I'd like to see a story arc called "Sin City". The name has simple implications. It would focus on larger-than-life corrupt characters in the desert oasis.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do I have ideas?! rotflmao

I've got a good 20+ series rolling around inside my head at any given time. I've been tempted to pull out the soap bible I've been working on off and on (more off than on, unfortunately) and retool it as a telenovela.

• Members

There are a couple of adaptations I'd really like to see. "Cuna de Lobos" about a woman who fights to regain her child after he is stolen by her husband and his other wife while her mother-in-law is offing people left and right to keep her secret. "Pasion y Poder" sounded interesting as it's about two rival families and one of the heads of the families is a serial killer. "El Privilegio de Amar", based on the Venezeual soap "Cristal", was amazing with its complicated love triangles and the secret that fashionista and the priest are the parents of the rising young model.

• Members

I saw that clip to. That would be "America". That story was only a subplot I believe. It was mainly about the trouble people encountered when they migrated to the United States. I don't know if they could tackle the immigration thing, though I love to see them try. My guess is that the immigration element would be converted some how just like how in "Desire" mob boss Joey Gamarra was based on a wealthy land baron in "Mesa Para Tres".

There's another compliation for two teenage lesbians to Sixpence None the Richer's "Kiss Me". That's from the Brazilian (?) soap "Muhjers Apaxiado". I was briefly addicted to MA when it aired on Telemundo three years ago. Good story from what I was able to gather. An adopted mother was dealing with some issue involving her son's adoption that was heart breaking and the teenage girl was finally admitting she liked the other girl for the first time I believe.

I believe I read that "La Herdera", the soap that is the basis for the summer MyNetworkTV telenovela "To Live and Die", has a gay subplot as well, but who knows what will get trimmed in order to make the story work.

I also would like to see an adaptation of "La Proximia Vitima". It was a Brazilian murder mystery that I absolutely loved even though I didn't understand a word of it. lol. I thought that NBC should develop an English version of "La Mujer en el Espejo". That was a campy delight.

• Members

Yeah I purchased the 2 video VHS set and couldn't understand a word of it, I usually read the subtitles or captions but there weren't any. Maria Rubio is frightening as Catalina. I believe Univision is making a remake to commerate the anniversary.

• 1 year later...

Archived