• 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  11. February

• 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. January

• 0 replies
    • 2.3k views

• @Soapsuds @Juliajms @Taoboi @Soaplovers Thanks for your input. I wasn't sure who to discuss any concerns I had, but this thread covers a lot of news stories (not conspiracy theories) regarding the Covid situation, so I knew I would get balanced responses.   Seems like there is some 'meh' reactions here to Moderna -- how come?   Looks like we will be doing another mass vaccination campaign in the winter, huh.   @Juliajms You put it into context when contrasting the number of blood clots with those dying of Covid, and I appreciate that. A friend of mine reiterated the same thing -- she got her first dose this week.   I cover LatAm markets and the Brazil/Mexico situation is nuts even by our poor US/UK/Europe standards. There were, as of last week, around 85,000 new Brazilian mutations and counting, that's how fast this thing is spreading and adapting to people's immune responses. Bolsonaro is a nut-job who just does not care for his citizens' wellbeing. He views the poorest as lesser than and (I presume) expendable, and often seems ready to spearhead a military coup in order to shut down growing anger against him. Meanwhile, underfunded hospitals cannot cope. The richest Brazilians get private healthcare or fly out of the country to get it in the US.   Mexico's AMLO, meanwhile, is a penny-pincher loathe to give public bureaucracy any money to fight the disease. Last year he waved his Virgin Mary amulets at a crowd and said 'This is all I need to protect me from Covid.' In Catholic/religious countries like Mexico (and Brazil), this kind of attitude is dangerous.    Mexico and Brazil's most pressing concern, besides poorer populations with comorbidities, a collapsing health sector and the threat of contagion across the globe (again), is their ability to secure vaccines. Mexico is currently hoping for Sputnik to come through for them. Their vaccine rollout has been painfully slow. Brazil, too, dithered on buying enough vaccines. There is also a feeling that the developed markets have hogged most of the good vaccines and that LatAm countries are at the back of the line.  
    • @Taoboi Yes the local mall is giving the public a choice of vaccines. Since the J&J has been halted... The choices now are Pfizer or Moderna. I went to the clinic and they only offered Moderna. The mall hadn't been used as vaccine site yet. 
    • From Haiti       Please register in order to view this content
    • The Beltway clutches its pearls, but IMO it will win with the public again.    
    • ...and it also depends if you genuinely like the person the pranks are fun.   Conversely, pranks and antics by someone you already have a predisposition to and it is extra annoying.     Sounds like Ms. Bev demanded a sense of professionalism around her, although in his Locker Room interview on You Tube John Bolger mentioned his first scene with her and was quite gracious and funny, so I think it just depends.     (I can say in real life some people find me very difficult and demanding and others find me funny, goofy and amusing.)  And they are all me.
  • Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy