Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toups

LATEST RATINGS: B&B Hits New Low in Women 18-49 Viewers

36 posts in this topic

B&B
Friday: 2.34/3,268,000


:D  The audience  continues to leave in droves. All time lows in demos and new low HH numbers. The show is a mess and the ratings are reflecting it. The show has lost half a million viewers from last year.
 
All the soaps are doing horrible.
 
It looks like Sally is going to be gone soon from Y&R with those ratings.
58 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

What are these ratings?:unsure: Good Lord!

It's called horrible writing. It's called thinking your audience are idiots......... so we will write what we want and who cares about what the viewers want ratings.....LOL

Edited by Soapsuds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the soaps are bleeding out and quite honestly I don't blame the viewers. There is nothing to grip you. Some (many?) may be watching out of loyalty. Contrast that with a mini-series like Big Little Lies. Yes, I know its HBO and huge budgets and Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon etc., but the crux of the stories was simple and easily adapatable to a soap framework. The way the show talked about secrets in marriages and families is something soaps used to do really well. It was as gripping as any suspense thriller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cat said:

All the soaps are bleeding out and quite honestly I don't blame the viewers. There is nothing to grip you. Some (many?) may be watching out of loyalty. Contrast that with a mini-series like Big Little Lies. Yes, I know its HBO and huge budgets and Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon etc., but the crux of the stories was simple and easily adapatable to a soap framework. The way the show talked about secrets in marriages and families is something soaps used to do really well. It was as gripping as any suspense thriller.

 

Nevermind the big budget, there are probably some low budget web series on You Tube and Vimeo pulling in better numbers right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B&B I'm kind of surprised because the general reaction on here at least was that most liked the Spectra fashion show.  Yet as the week built to the show, Thursday and Friday are the lowest for the week.  To me it's too bad because I think Sally is a good actress but unfortunately this won't bode well for any Spectras because it's not showing in the ratings.  At least they were something new - I was back to catching 5 to 10 minutes here and there.  

 

Overall - scary how B&B has a million more viewers than GH but practically the same Women Demos.  Y&R 2 million more viewers but only 100,000 more Women 18-49.  B&B always skewed way older but not this bad - Y&R not so much.  The only people watching are older than 50?

 

DAYS is lucky they were already renewed - this has to be it for them.  Unless NBC is just too lazy to try and air something/anything that would do at least the same for far less money.  GH can't feel that safe either given that ABC has had some success in the past 20 years in adding other daytime talk shows - something will work for less money and the same results.

 

If I'm a writer I don't think it's in my interest to strike this time.  The days of management caring are thin and there won't be a job to return to because at least 2 of these shows are in high likelihood cancelled...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fevuh said:

If I'm a writer I don't think it's in my interest to strike this time.  The days of management caring are thin and there won't be a job to return to because at least 2 of these shows are in high likelihood cancelled...

 

You mean a soap writer, right? Because the primetime writers and the writers for children's daytime scripted shows must be in a much stronger position.  Healthcare and exclusivity contracts are pretty important.

Also crossing picket lines means never again being accepted into the WGA. Yes, some writers (usually older) do it but a younger to mid career writer wouldn't have the protections of the union to help them resolve contract/pay/compensation disputes.  

 

It depends on whether the writers are thinking in the immediate or the short-term range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

You mean a soap writer, right? Because the primetime writers and the writers for children's daytime scripted shows must be in a much stronger position.  Healthcare and exclusivity contracts are pretty important.

Also crossing picket lines means never again being accepted into the WGA. Yes, some writers (usually older) do it but a younger to mid career writer wouldn't have the protections of the union to help them resolve contract/pay/compensation disputes.  

 

It depends on whether the writers are thinking in the immediate or the short-term range.

Yes, a soap writer...most of them don't do anything else or have little success elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing B&B ratings drop warms my heart. Bradley Bell continues to write and produce [!@#$%^&*] and should be rewarded for the garbage he is putting on the air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is the young demos will keep dropping because there's no new generation of soap viewers.  In terms of total viewers, B&B and Y&R still get more viewers than a lot of primetime shows.  B&B hasn't hit a new low in viewers in a very long time, the early 2010's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Toups said:

The fact is the young demos will keep dropping because there's no new generation of soap viewers.  In terms of total viewers, B&B and Y&R still get more viewers than a lot of primetime shows.  B&B hasn't hit a new low in viewers in a very long time, the early 2010's. 

And whose fault is that? The writers cause they haven't been able to write in the next generation properly. The show is still down by half a million viewers. I doubt CBS is happy about that..same goes for Y&R. And a 2.3 in HH isn't bad in your book Toups?

 

 

 

I know it won't be popular but I'd love to see B&B canceled. It is pure trash and it isn't getting any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

And whose fault is that? The writers cause they haven't been able to write in the next generation properly. The show is still down by half a million viewers. I doubt CBS is happy about that..same goes for Y&R. And a 2.3 in HH isn't bad in your book Toups?

 

 

 

I know it won't be popular but I'd love to see B&B canceled. It is pure trash and it isn't getting any better.

 

It's technology and changing times. TV ratings are always going down. The next generation is watching stuff online/steaming.  

 

 

I'm not worried at all these lows in the young demos anymore.  There's probably different data that the network execs are looking at, whether that's the L+3 or L+7 or something else.  The demos are such a small percentage of the audience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the shows are in horrible shape.  Each of the hour soap is peddling lame-ass baby daddy, switch, evil look alikes, dna testing, virgin/slut.  No one gets STDS, no one wants for money.  The best of soaps has been demonstrated on Empire, Queen Sugar, Big Little Lies.  As long as the budgets are slashed, and writers are forced to play scenes in the same coffee houses and parse out the contract minimums and delete older people from significant story beats, these shows will be gone soon.  The writer's strike may help if they get some new blood but given the fi core writers on each show, I don't think we'll see a measurable change.  As Y&R sinks, I think the line up is on all networks is toast.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.