B&B: Promo "An Indecent Proposal"

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why did the completely skip over a long engagement - or even a 'normal' engagement? Rick dealing with the issue and fending off criticism, etc. would've worked. But I know B&B wanted to be totally (and unrealistically) PC and not have doubt about Rick 'accepting' Maya. What I didn't understand (and it becomes less logic in promo) is why Nicole actually has to carry baby? Hello, third-party surrogate would work (and it's not like the Forresters couldn't afford that). This is an artificial 'obstacle' for Zende/Nicole. And, I'm sorry, but I saw Friday's episode and he is horrible. Please give LSV all airtime dedicated to Zende! 

• Members

Since soaps now utilize a director in name only, can B&B get Susan Flannery to work behind the scenes as an acting coach for the actors who play Zende and Thomas?

I feel like Thomas has gotten better when he plays angry but from I feel like anger may be the easiest emotion for an actor to portray.  With proper coaching and direction, I feel most of these guys/gals on soaps can become at least proficient onscreen.  Like I always say, if Jon Hensley can become a decent soap actor, any of these other guys can!

With Rick & Maya, I feel B&B's desperation to get them back into story, but it can be an interesting twist.  Maybe Mama and Papa Avant will make an appearance.  We can all guess what Papa A.'s feelings would be on this, while perhaps Mrs. A would be more diplomatic while still seeing her youngest as too young to do this.  Maybe in the end Mrs. A could be the one to strike a comprise-- Nicole's eggs but use an experienced surrogate.

• Members

A pregnancy quest? Really? There are so many other possible stories for them but I agree that the show sped through what should've been a much longer, more complicated story of Rick and Maya finding their way back to each other. Now B&B has just jumped to the ultimate cliche: baby rabies. Even more sickening is the idea that Nicole - who is what 19? 20? - should be placed in the position of being a surrogate when Rick/Maya could buy a kid from anywhere.

Archived