Days: Interview

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't apologize for speaking the truth.  Folks acted like that sh!t was great stuff when, in reality, it was more of the same junk heavily concealed by GH vets.  Now that, they've allowed most of the vets to become employed by other shows and/or killed off the characters, there's no hiding the filth that is now GH.  Nothing can conceal this rancid sh!t, which is why the ratings are at record lows for any soap ever!  The show has been horrible for 3+ years now but many didn't want to notice it because TIIC "brought back the vets".  

• Members

Do I think soaps could revive themselves with a new model?  I used to...but not anymore.  Not when primetime TV and the streaming shows have co-opted (for better or worse) so many of daytime soaps' attributes, outpacing daytime in the process. 

Don't get me wrong, serialized drama will ALWAYS be around in some kind of shape, form or fashion (to quote the late Bobby Womack).  But I think soap opera, as a genre, is just doomed to go the way of anthology shows and TV westerns.

Archived