B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It wouldn't have been a shock if it actually turned out that way, isn't Santa Barbara sort of close to Beverly Hills anyway?

It's nice to see that there was a time where they didn't think the viewers were too stupid to realize that someone had been recast or something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Back when they were still saying that Stephanie cared about Hope.

CJ has that shoe polish look.

Whip/Brooke had potential. Not that that ever goes anywhere.

I never really got the point of all the Ridge paternity rewrites. I think the tension here is good but it ended fairly quickly.

I'd forgotten what a squeaky voice this Rick had.

Jennifer Finnegan was so thoughtful as Bridget. This was probably the only time I cared about Bridget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp0n8lheano

• Members

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just wanted to delve into something. The two 1995 Y&R episodes I just got also came with the rest of the CBS soaps from those dates so I got to also see (which I will upload soon for you guys to see) 2 full B&B episodes from February 1 and October 10, 1995. The October 10 episode featured that bizarre story arc of Eric and Taylor all of a sudden becoming romantically involved. There are these scenes where Taylor is talking to James about how close she and Eric have gotten and Eric then surprises Taylor with her own office since she started to work at Forrester as the employee psychiatrist.

Not only that but Ridge was also planning to throw a party for Eric just so he could meet new women. There is a scene when he calls Lauren all the way from G.C (interesting how Lauren wasn't on the Y&R episode before this one, even though she was leaving anyway) just to invite her to this party, and after they hang up Lauren also seems interested in Eric (which we know actually did happen later)

They even did a cheestastic promo during the Y&R episode, one of those "whose that man" promo with that cheesy seductive hip hop music that featured Eric with all his women (Stephanie, Sally and Taylor).

What the heck was up with all these women pining after Eric at this point? and more importantly did they even make it a big deal about or even have Stephanie find out that Eric kissed Taylor?? I mean it wouldn't have been that big of a deal that much since Eric wasn't married but It should have made Stephanie start to distrust Taylor a bit if she knew.

despite all that ridiculousness the show was leaps and bounds better compared to now...

• Members

Stephanie never found out about Taylor and Eric. That was the reason they decided to part ways. I think it was a dropped story, and it probably hadn't had a good audience reaction. Taylor was, outside of moping about Ridge, a character they had a very tough time writing for.

McCook still had a certain charm at this time but I also never knew why women were into him by that time. Eric was a big loser, and weak. I think of all of the pairings, Eric/Sally could have had the most potential, at least for some fun.

They teased Lauren/Ridge at first, then dropped it like a hot potato.

I can't wait to see those CBS soap episodes!

• Members

It's just one of the many reasons why Taylor and her brats are such hypocrites when it comes to the Logans. I still never get why Taylor was always made out to be the saint that she was. I mean I liked her better in the old days than today, but it's so ridiculous how many things that she got away with...

I was surprise that Lauren was even thinking of Eric here, since I thought it was not long after that Brooke caught her and Ridge in the steamroom.....I still think it was such a waste to send Lauren to B&B and no one had a Nikki/Brad/Lauren triangle or even a Paul/Chris/Danny/Lauren/Phyllis quintet in mind.

I am definitely going to post those B&B episodes ASAP, I will see about ATWT/GL. I don't really watch those 2 but I will maybe make an exception. I kind of just skimmed though those episodes just to see if they were any Y&R/B&B promos I haven't seen.

• Members

Taylor & Eric weren't dropped. Taylor told Eric off - for Stephanie's sake.

The big party was Lauren's permanent introduction to B&B, I think. The party was great fun although it served no real purpose.It lead to the plot of Sally being faux-romanced by Eric the following year when Eric wanted to stop Sal from shwoing some stolen FC designs.