Dion

Shortland Street

353 posts in this topic

Lots of departures lately: Leanne, Rachel, soon Bella. I also love Harper. Shortland Street has strong women and it has become so rare in US soaps. It's refreshing. I like the Cam / Kylie / Jack dynamic. Wish they would be featured a bit more lately. Ali / Lucy are cute but a bit boring.

2 hours ago, Dion said:

Well blow me down...Curtis is now gone too.

This year just has one devastating loss after another. He got a great exit though. Am I the only one feeling like TK could soon be gone too? This stuff with Trina (she's only 21 in real life! :o ), the introduction of sexy Hawks, and Tillie living elsewhere all make it look like his time on the show is coming to a close. 2016 has been ruthless in real and reel life.

I don't buy TK with Trina really seriously. Kylie wants him back for sure now she's off with Cam.

Mo/Kate/Chris could be a very good triangle with Blue, Harry and Jack reacting to it. Don't really care about Lucy's father who is a pain. Wish Lucy would at least try to listen to Ali.

On 25 May 2013 at 6:29 PM, Bright Eyes said:

And I meant to say this awhile back, but the way TK found out about Josh and Roimata's affair was brilliant. One of the best affair reveals in a long time on a soap.

Hi Bright Eyes, am just getting into Shortland Street, please could you tell me how this affair reveal happened? Thanks. 

Lucy & Ali are the best part of the show at the moment, and Sass, what a fabulous addition. But I don't like her current pairing with the mayor candidate who's like 30 years older than her, I just don't see anything interesting happening there. Sass reminds me of Brooke, whom I hope returns eventually. I haven't seen enough of Frank yet and him marrying Kylie which if like me you missed a few weeks is just weird. I like the Warner family unit. Shame Harry is such a small part. I still wish Isaac would come back.
I'm glad Leanne returned. Esther, still hate her, she's so whiny which makes her out of place on a show with strong people.
Eve looks like Rachel, it's crazy. I'm inclined to think had Rachel not gone, she could have been her long-lost daughter or at least a relative. Not sure I like her story with Boyd though.