MyNetworkTV: My FOX Affiliate Picks Up Programming!

bellcurve

• Members

So, I read on Wikipedia that my local UPN station was turning into a MyNetworkTV affiliate in the fall. Apparently, Wikipedia is wrong. So, I wouldn't trust the list of affiliates they have on their site unless you know for sure from the program director of the affiliate.

I turned the dial to my FOX affiliate randomly and saw promos for DESIRE(new ones not yet on YouTube) in heavy rotation. So I guess my FOX affiliate will also become a MyNetworkTV affiliate as well. The only thing that worries me is that there are no promos for FASHION HOUSE, which, IMO, looks more superior of the two shows. There is no way a MyNetworkTV affiliate won't air FASHION HOUSE as well as DESIRE. Would they?!

I will be one MAD, MAAAAD queen if FH doesn't air on my FOX Affiliate, but they decide to air the superlame DESIRE, which looks like utter crap in comparison.

Does everyone know for SURE if they are obtaining MyNetworkTV in their area?!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the reason you saw the promos on FOX where because UPN was a sister network to Fox. So they will run ads there now. MyTV will be the UPN in most areas on Sept. 5, therefore making them the new sister network to Fox channels.

• Members

I go to school in New Hampshire so all we have are Boston affiliates, which until 2 or 3 weeks ago was without a MNTV affiliate. The original plan for the Boston area was that if an affiliate couldn't be found that they would be airing the shows in the DAYTIME from 1-3 on their FOX affiliate. The head of the FOX affiliate seemed excited about having daytime programming.

There are TONS of promos for "Fashion House" and "Desire" out there. One of the affiliate sites has the best ones I've seen yet, I think its the New Haven, Connecticut affiliate site but I could be wrong. The local affiliate plays at least one or two an hour during the 9-11 block.

I've also read that somewhere in California one station is airing CW programming from 7-9 and then MyNetworkTV programming from 9-11. They tended to be "Fashion House" commericials and not "Desire" ones. I saw 5 or 6 for "Fashion House" but only 1 or 2 for "Desire".

I don't think that "Desire" would air without "Fashion House", but I think I read about an Austrailian station buying the rights to "Desire" without any mention of "Secret Obsessions"/"Fashion House".

I would check the individual station websites, a good chunk of them have made the switch to MNTV all ready or at least mention it.

• Members

This is kinda OT, but I just checked and my UPN has finally decided to pick up MyNetworkTV. Thank god, I really want to see "Fashion House" and that other one about the woman who plots to have her children marry into her ex-husbands family or something like that. "Art of Betrayal" I want to say.

• Members

UPDATE(And a weird one at that...)

My FOX Affiliate is becoming a MyNetworkTV affiliate this fall! Weird huh?

I called the station this morning and they said that DESIRE and SECRET OBSESSIONS are both airing at 7 and 8 PM respectively(Central Time). I asked the FOX affiliate what affiliate would be picking up FOX programming and they said, "We don't know."

Isn't that odd?! I wonder if the asking price for FOX got more expensive and that's why they had to turn themselves into a MyNetworkTV?!

And I didn't notice this either, but the FOX affiliate still goes by the banner "FOX Arkansas," but only runs DESIRE promos and nothing else. They still air FOX programming, but don't run local promos for it.

So, YAAAYE ME! I was planning on having a MyNetworkTV watch party and since the news is confirmed, I can go ahead with my plans.

I wonder if the "UPN Arkansas" affiliate(which is a sister network, as you mentioned earlier Josh), will become a CW network? I haven't seen anything that indicates that will be the case.

• Members

I don't think it's strange at all. MNTV is offering better ad time than any other network, which will give them more money. MNTV is giving more commericals to the affiliates and airing less national ads as well as giving them the first commerical after the break, which is a highly coveted spot. I think that they are looking at it from the standpoint that they will make more money from MNTV than from their current affiliation with FOX.

Ever since December when the Nielsen Co started recording the number of Spanish language programming, the number of times telenovelas have been number one in desired demographics in the top markets is a bit more than I think that people were expecting. This has to be a selling point as well as year round programming. While some individuals may dismiss this type of programming, it's hard to dismiss that there is an interest in it.

Archived