MyNetworkTV promos currently on YouTube!

bellcurve

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=MyNetworkTv

OK, so Desire: Table For Three looks boring as hell, but Secret Obsessions: Fashion House looks like a camptastic good time! All of Fashion House's promos look eye-popping and catchy. Really love the Morgan Fairchild/Bo Derek stuff. Especially the "Poke Fun" ad!

The production values are way glossier than I expected, or maybe that is the way the promotions department are making them look. I expected that film-look quality to these shows.

I wonder if these are really clips from the shows or if these were made to make the shows look better. The production values look much better than I had expected.

I really hope MyNetworkTV finds success with these dramas.

Shhhhhh!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What were you going to stick me with, crazy freak?!

Oh this should be a good time. I fell in love with Morgan Fairchild from the reruns of "Paper Dolls" on SoapNet, although I did enjoy her on "Falcon Crest" as well.

I think these are actual clips from the show because I remember reading a lot of articles about MyNetworkTV's upfront presentation where all the reporters seem to talk about was how the shows looked good. They looked like regular nighttime shows with a lot of explosions, car crashes, etc. Also one of the actors from "Fashion House", Tony Tripoli who is playing one of Maria's designers Hans, is saying that they are shooting episodes by location like a film rather than by episode. I don't think that's how they were filming "Desire" but I believe Tripoli inferred that it was a way of keeping the costs down.

It's interesting that they seem to have dropped the "Secret Obsessions" and "Desire" labels as Bo Derek's series is being billed simply as "Fashion House" and I haven't seen any mention of the 'Table for Three' in the "Desire" commericals.

• Members

"Maria! Get out of that car! GET OUT OF THE CAR!"

"You don't scare me Grandma!"

Hehehe. This looks like so much fun. Would much rather sit through these telenovelas than the umpteenth reality show or "hipster" show.

The trailers up at the official website look very youth oriented as well. Gotta draw in the 18-49 some kind of way.

• Members

They sell Spanish language telenovelas at Walmart and some media outlets that have English language subtitles. Most of them have been cut down to about 4 to 10 hours. I think that if they release the MyNetworkTV novelas on DVD they would most likely sell the 13 Saturday night omnibus episodes and the finale as 14 hour compliation pack. They are all ready doing the editing they might as well release the edited version on DVD.

FOX is launching a new network called MyNetworkTV made out of a lot of the affiliates that are left out of the merger of UPN and the WB. They've all ready cleared 90% of the country and set to launch on Tuesday September 5th. The lineup is made of short run serials, telenovelas, that will run for 13 weeks and will be replaced by a new novela. The first set of series are 'Desire' and 'Fashion House' to be followed by 'Art of Betrayal' and 'Watch Over Me'. MyNetworkTV has bought the rights to several years worth of telenovelas, they are adapting these shows from Latin American series, and have announced 8 for the first year. They also bought the rights to reruns of "Desperate Housewives" which I believe they will not begin to air until 2008.

Are these just audio because I don't get any visuals other than the picture of Bo Derek for "Fashion House" and Michelle Belegrin and Zack Silva for "Desire".

• Members

See, I'm such a whore about having every single episode of something, that I hope this isn't true. Either way, I guess I will tape these just as I do my soaps.

You may need the newest Flash player. I think that is what I needed in order to see the trailers.

• Members

DESIRE and FASHION HOUSE will both air five nights a week, and an hourlong weekend recap for both shows on Saturday Night.

MyNetworkTV airs in primetime. Primetime=Big Budgets, C/D-List celebrities to helm the shows.

And NO, I don't work for NewsCorp.

I'm willing to bet MyNetworkTV's deal will allow "Housewives" to air from the very beginning for five nights a week, whereas I think Lifetime's deal is once a week. I wouldn't be surprised if it aired in the afternoons, paired with reruns of one of the telenovelas.

• Members

Personally, I'd like to see a big budget tele-novela re-do of Edge of Night -- the entire series could span one full murder mystery. It wouldn't be a sequel, but a re-imiging. I could see P&G doing something like this since they've been involved in prime-time series before (Dawson's Creek).

Archived