Mama's Family on DVD!

Dan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"I'm strictly a Bubba/Iola Mama's Family period. I loved those two characters and that's when the show was classic, once they were introduced."

I agree. But I'll still get the first season. If people don't buy it then we won't get to the Bubba/Iola years.

• Members

I love all seasons equally. So even if you don't like the first season much, BUY IT! lol.

Only reason I rank the first two above the syndicated years (Actually, I consider them two different series) is because of the brilliant Carol Burnett, Rue McClanahan and Betty White. I also preferred how Naomi was written at that time, moreso than the syndicated years (I missed the all out fighting between Mama and Naomi). I do like Bubba better than Sonja and Buzz, and Iola was a GREAT addition.

• Members

This show is great! I used to watch it all the time on TBS b/c it came on at 4PM, but now it's on at 6 AM, so I never get to see it anymore. :(

I liked the syndicated version better too. I guess it was b/c I saw that one before the original, and the two are really different, so it was hard to enjoy the original as much.

In a way, I guess it worked out well; otherwise, Rue and Betty wouldn't have been on the Golden Girls, and that's my favorite TV show! :)

Archived