The CW Schedule - Not timeslots yet, but entire lineup announced!

Chris B

• Members

Yeah, Everwood being fit for syndication plus OTH gets more press so that was probably what made the decision.

As for Pepper Dennis, I'm not too heartbroken. It's always tougher for a midseason show on ANY network and the ratings weren't out of this world. Given the choice between that and OTH, I understand the choice.

From the look of the drama pilots they picked up, it looks like they could be going for an older audience. I hope Runaway ends up being a big hit for them. It looks like it could be a 24-esque show.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everwood had better ratings but One Tree Hill had better ratings in the key demos. The main reason why Everwood lost so much steam was because of the constant shuffling. On top of that, the show ran in blocks and was always bumped for a new show that ended up getting cancelled. It's ridiculous.

One Tree Hill has the chance to be the next "BH90210" in the eyes of their people. As long as there are higher ups who are fans of the show, they will be safe. Don't be surprised if some major cast changes happen soon. Daneel Harris (ex-Shannon, OLTL) has already been upgraded to a contract next year so she may be getting a family too.

The CW has the chance to make the "Big 4" change it's name. It's gonna take some smart marketing and good writing to pull it off. Pairing some of it's lower rated shows with higher rated ones is smart, very smart. The CW needs to be smart and not put their major shows up against ratings Blockbusters such as American Idol.

• Members

Oh my gosh, you guys, I would have SO enjoyed being a fly on the wall when the main actors for the new "7th Heaven" heard the news. That must have been SUCH a moment!!! :)

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 18 2006, 12:04 AM)

Yeah, Everwood being fit for syndication plus OTH gets more press so that was probably what made the decision.

As for Pepper Dennis, I'm not too heartbroken. It's always tougher for a midseason show on ANY network and the ratings weren't out of this world. Given the choice between that and OTH, I understand the choice.

From the look of the drama pilots they picked up, it looks like they could be going for an older audience. I hope Runaway ends up being a big hit for them. It looks like it could be a 24-esque show.

But don't you see, that's the thing? "Dennis" wasn't given a fair shake. It wasn't just on during a midseason. It was on during the END of a network. I'm sure some viewers even said, "Why bother?" because of that. "Dennis" was a good show and for that reason alone, CW execs should have faith in the show and the promotion they could give it. (Notice I use present tense words...I am NOT, by any means, GIVING UP!!!)

• Members

I disagree. "The Bedford Diaries" was pure, unadulterated [!@#$%^&*], to be polite. "Dennis" was a gem. There' still hope. I have to believe that The CW wouldn't give up so easily on quality. Especially if one of their series bombs. They could still order eps.

• Members

I can't wait to watch The CW, although I don't understand why they picked up OTH instead of Everwood.

Sad for Reba, it was a good/simple show. Now I have to wait to see what is going to happen with House (Fox) because I want to be able to watch VM, but if I have to decide between those two, House will get my vote.

Dennis was/is a bad show IMO

• Members

TV Guide is reporting this schedule:

Monday: 7th Heaven, Runaway

Tuesday: Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars

Wednesday: Top Model/Beauty and Geek, One Tree Hill

Thursday: Smallville, Supernatural

Friday: Wrestling

Sunday: Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game

With Reba returning midseason with a 13 episode reprieve.

Looks like the only show I'll be watching is "Everybody Hates Chris." And I'll have to tape it because I'll have to watch "The Amazing Race," unless football pushes TAR back 30 minutes.

• Members

Yay for OTH :) and I don't think it deserved to be cancelled at all. I think it going against American Idol hurt it's ratings and they should have never changed it from Tuesday's nights. I just wish it got back it's slot after Gilmore Girls back but I can't complain :)

• Members

Not true.

Dennis WAS a "bad show," before TPTB took a genius cue from The CW and fired the "hard news" director at WEIE after a switch in management, favoring the young guy who went for a different direction in the station's news package ("newstainment," lol). The show had a shaky start, I'll give you that, but the last two eps have been incredibly addictive. This show is like "Mary Tyler Moore" crossed with "Ally McBeal," and it's highl entertaining. The CW execs are FOOLS if they let this gem get away. Josh Hopkins and Rebecca Romijn are magic together. Brooke Burns is a lovable dork. The show is burning on all cylinders. It's HOT!

• Members

http://www.cwtv.com

SUNDAYS

7:00PM Everybody Hates Chris

7:30PM All of Us

8:00PM Girlfriends

8:30PM The Game

9:00PM America's Next Top Model (reruns)

MONDAYS

8:00PM 7th Heaven

9:00PM Runaway

TUESDAYS

8:00PM Gilmore Girls

9:00PM Veronica Mars

WEDNESDAYS

8:00PM America's Next Top Model / Beauty & the Geek

9:00PM One Tree Hill

THURSDAYS

8:00PM Smallville

9:00PM Supernatural

FRIDAYS

8:00PM Smackdown!

MID-SEASON:

Hidden Palms, Reba

• Members

The only one I watch is Supernatural. It does a good job of filling that Buffy void. :) I like how it had both the longterm arc of the guys searching for the demon and their father yet each episode had a different story, a different bit of folklore. And the season finale was a smash. :lol:;)

Archived