Reba's Fate Up in the Air?

KMan101

• Members

I've heard through the grapevine that it's the end of the road for Reba and it may not make it onto the CW.

:angry:

Damn Dawn Ostroff and her hardon for UPN shows :rolleyes:

Of course nothing is official but I'm to the point where I'm not at all looking forward to the CW like I once was. Too many WB shows are doing so well and so deserving of another year (One Tree Hill, Everwood, now Reba). Ugh ugh ugh.

I'll try to find the article I read this in...

Just giving a fair warning and expressing how pissed I am at the possibility.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm confused. Hasn't it already been said that "Reba" was renewed?

I might add: it is NOT fair for the CW not to have gotten their [!@#$%^&*] together before everyone wrote and aired their season finales. It's forced the WB and UPN networks to air misleading promos, such as billing something a "season" finale when in fact it could be a "series" finale. And vice versa.

• Members

On Thursday I was watching the KTLA morning show and they said that there would be a meeting later that day with the executives of the CW to decide the programming of the network, they even showed the season finale of OTH and made a few jokes that how could they leave it like that when it wasn't sure if they would come back, they suggested that if they didn't get renewed maybe they could do a 15 minutes segment just to let the fans know what happened with their favorites. (I don't care for OTH, but I want to know what shows will be renewed)

• Members

I agree with JSF. It's bullshit that the CW couldn't get their act together before all of these finales. It's not fair to the shows at all.

A part of me believes Reba will be renewed, but frankly, ANYTHING is possible at this point. And hearing talk of a montage at the end of the episode definitely irks me.... I bet they threw that in there just in case... And look at the runaround with 7th Heaven. For months they thought it was over for them and they have a series finale planned, yet now the CW is considering keeping it? That's what is irritating me about this whole thing.

And I can't beleive upfronts are only two weeks away. Damn!

• Members

One Tree Hill's ratings have been dropping since the disappointing second season. At this point the show is doing horrific in the ratings and WB still has full coverage, unlike UPN shows that are preempted or not aired at all in some places now. If OTH is going to do this badly now, it's going to do worse next yar. Plus it isn't delivering any amazing critical buzz, so why keep it?

As for Everwood, the ratings have been picking up and the producers have already spoke with the head of CW and there is a chance it could be picked up.

My guess is that their pilots turned out good so they are going to have to let a few more shows go that expected. Overall, I don't think it will be a bad lineup. Here are shows I think are 100%.

UPN: Top Model, VMars, WWE, Everybody Hates Chris, Girlfriends

WB: Smallville, BeautyGeek, Reba, Gilmore Girls, my mind is going blank on other WB shows

50/50 Shot: OTH, Half and Half, All of Us, Everwood, 7th Heaven (which would most likely be a retooled spin off)

Big Buzz Pilots: Aquaman, Nick Lachey, Girlfriends spin off.

• Members

I hope not. Reba is a great show. I did go WTF with the end montage. It felt like they were having their series finale.

I hope Everwood and OTH do stay on. OTH IMO has been showing signs that it's improving in the writing dept. Everwood, well that show has been continuously good IMO.

• Members

I just read this quote: "We expect to be airing 'Gilmore Girls,' 'Everybody Hates Chris,' 'Veronica Mars,' 'Smallville' and the new 'Pepper Dennis,' starring Rebecca Romijn," Tracy said.

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/410325.html

So I guess we could add Pepper Dennis to the 50/50 or almost 100% WB shows. I kinda had a feeling that Rebecca Romijn's celebrity status would get that show another shot.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 6 2006, 12:33 PM)

I just read this quote: "We expect to be airing 'Gilmore Girls,' 'Everybody Hates Chris,' 'Veronica Mars,' 'Smallville' and the new 'Pepper Dennis,' starring Rebecca Romijn," Tracy said.

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/410325.html

So I guess we could add Pepper Dennis to the 50/50 or almost 100% WB shows. I kinda had a feeling that Rebecca Romijn's celebrity status would get that show another shot.

I certainly hope so, Chris B. "Dennis" is a pretty good show if they'd just retool it slightly and make it less "girly" like in the opening. I just love Brooke Burns on that show...you can't even tell it's her compared to the bombshell she played on "north Shore." And it's always fun to delve into the sex lives of supposedly perfect local news personalities. I just love this show!

Archived