Movie Reviews

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I don't think I've seen worse in years. This movie is a cringe fest. Never, ever lose 1 minute of your time to try and watch it. Absurd script, absurd directing, absurd editing. Absurd acting.

1/10.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Purple Noon - An adaptation of the book The Talented Mr. Ripley.

Masterpiece. I have no other words to describe this cinematic work of art. 

From the dynamic and always surprising script, to the wonderful acting and stunning visuals... I am in awe of this movie.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It looks like Bad Boys Ride or Die is continuing to do well. It has now grossed over $125 million domestically and 200 million globally. The Bad Boys Franchise as a whole has crossed 1 Billion Dollars. It looks like it's been having a solid showing over this recent Juneteeth holiday as well. It grossed over 4 million dollars yesterday on the Juneteenth holiday. It's nice to see that this movie has legs.

The Numbers - Daily Box Office Chart for Wednesday June 19, 2024 (the-numbers.com)

Also, Inside Out 2 has done incredibly well debuting with $155 million domestic debut and is almost $300 million worldwide. AMC stated they had over 3 million movie goers this past weekend. It's nice to see the theaters doing well right now with these movies. I wonder how well the theaters may end up doing including with other new releases like Deadpool and Wolverine which is predicted to have a nice debut as well. This is a nice change of pace from the doom and gloom that was being predicted about the theaters a little early this year with disappointing showings during times like Memorial Day. 

Now onto some more reviews.

The next movie I am going to review is Tarot that I saw in the theaters a few weeks back.

This movie features one of soaps own with Adain Bradley as Xander on Bold and the Beautiful. Adain was one of the main characters and I thought he did a solid job in this role. It also featured Irish actress Olwen Fouéré as an older woman who provides insight into the truth behind the Ouija board/Tarot Readings who tries to help the young people deal with the ordeals they are facing in the movie. The rest of the ensemble featured several young actors, whose names I did not know and work I am not familiar with. 

I surprisingly liked this movie. It's like Final Destination featuring college kids and a Ouija board. It features a group of college friends/couples who mess with someone else's Ouija board and then have to deal with the consequences of that. They race to try and change their potential fates as well as deal with a troubled force from the past. It features some horror with a little bit of humor mixed in. It wasn't the scariest movie in the world, but it was gorier than I expected. I did look away a few times when some scenes were playing out.

I saw this movie on a weekday evening, and it didn't have a ton of people in the theater. It felt like we were just there to see a movie and we weren't interested enough in other options. But nonetheless the movie was okay. It definitely wasn't the worst of the movies I've seen recently. I recommend it for someone that would prefer/be fine with a lighter PG-13 version of a thriller. Something that's not too scary or the most violent/gory movie in the world, (though gorier than what I expected). This can be a movie people check out who don't like/don't want to see/have already seen other options in the theater. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Me and the man saw this last night... it is some sort of a prequel of the original iconic Psycho.

It stars the amazing Olivia Hussey as Norma Bates.

Well... I wouldn't say it came even close to the magic of the original, but I give it a solid 6.5/10.

I loved especially that they used the original Psycho soundtrack at some moments.

The story varies in quality from exciting to boring and exciting again.

I kinda liked it.