ALL: Who do you think would be a good writer for the remaining soaps?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, this is what I've been thinking since your original post! 1. Carolyn would be HELL YEAH to assist one of her kiddos! 2. Also Courtney Sherman Simon, when Kate came to her & said, Mama, I think I want to write for soaps. How do you do it? Well, immediately, she began to teach her daughter how & gave her assignments & constructive criticism before she stuck her toe out in the universe, where she's been now, for several years!!! That kind of journeyman teaching, you can't beat it with a stick. I mean, not only is she second generation soap royalty but she's got this legacy of beginning.

• Members

I would add 2 names. 

Nancy Curlee Demorest

Dorell Anthony

But, I still think Toups has the best idea. Either Culliton/Culliton/Culliton or Hall/Simon.

I've got fans in my forum who seriously want someone to mount a campaign to get Patrick Mulchahey to replace Josh Griffith at Y&R. I basically wished them well. No way was I about to do what they wanted me to do. 

I suspect with as much poor HWing as we have that there is an underlying reason, maybe network interference.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Kate Hall has made it clear for years that she writes dialogue. She has NO interest in writing story. That is not her job. She does not want to be a headwriter. Nor a breakdown writer. She writes dialogue. Period. 

If only Patrick Mulcahey had realized the same thing. lol

Edited by TEdgeofNight

• Members

I always get in trouble for it but, I could take some Guza at either Bell soap right now. I'll have a drink to my very unpopular opinion! Especially at B&B where they really have nowhere else to go but up! Y&R might get a little more lively too. I really miss action, especially with payoff and involving characters that don't really mix it up. Still, as always, hoping for that huge B&B earthquake!

• Members

At this point, I'll be happy to see Bob Guza at DAYS, lol!

Friendship only goes so far.