GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, sometimes I think that online we get to see the worst versions of people. To me, her behavior on UglyX was one of those worst version situations! 

By the way, today is Marcus Taggert MIA Day 132 by actual count on the calendar M-F. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In slight defense of Eden she's probably not a bad person.  She's just immature and didn't handle herself very well.   It certainly didn't endear me to her or her character, but some of those people on twitter were trolling her pretty bad.  Not that I disagreed with the sentiment and I did find her win unfair, but I wouldn't go seek the girl out and post on her social media.  I would also assume her mom was quite ill at the time and Eden wasn't in the best headspace.  

This is the first and probably last time I will defend Eden lol. 

• Members

Agree and same. And I would even go so far as to say when you are that rude to someone, which those comments were rude, her response wasn’t even that nasty. You want to see nasty- go hang out online with Drag Race Queens- they cut back.

• Members

I feel pretty much the same. Eden McCoy doesn't control the dumbass Daytime Emmys and their ridiculous categories. People spend too much time equating the real-life actor with fictional character Joss, and too much time acting like Joss is the Whore of Babylon because she slept with Dex literal hours before immediately breaking up with her boyfriend in a fit of remorse. Sure, she treated Cam badly after the break-up. But she wasn't ho'ing around New York State and the way people talk about it is removed from reality.

I don't really like Joss as written either, I find her smug and obnoxious. I think Eden is a marginal actor. But not everything Joss does is about how much of a 19-yo whore who she is for sleeping with maybe a total of 3 guys in her life, and not everything Eden does when dealing with overinvested hyperactive soap fans on social media is about how they are one and the same.

People need to chill the fûck out. You're not going to win SON cool points dogging the young actress who just lost her mom when many of us are twice or thrice her age. In case you haven't noticed this board has maybe a grand total of 50 active posters. Nobody's clapping.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, I may disagree with the fact she won the category because it was ridiculous she was against two 10 year old dayplayers, but she wasn't cheating.  She was eligible in the age category and people on twitter calling her to withdraw her name was odd.  Victoria Grace was the one who was ineligible, so why should Eden withdraw?

I can't stand Joss obviously, but there isn't any real indication Eden McCoy is evil.    

• Members

Let's be honest.  It would have felt less lopsided with Victoria Grace in the category, but Eden was going to win regardless.  So, oh well, whatever.  It's a dumb category as it stands with the current rules and the girl that plays Violet will probably win next year and that's a bigger travesty than EM winning lol.

• Members

In this day and age soaps don't even use the kids much because money and laws.  So you might as well open it up more because we end up with 4 actors being eligible.

I know.  I am horrible for putting it in the universe.  The girl that plays Charlotte probably has it in the bag honestly.