General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Why can't Nina just barge her way into the wedding?  Is there a restraining order against her?

I'm not even sure why Willow hates Nina.  Weren't Nelle and Willow taken from Nina when Nina was still in a coma?  Yet, unless I'm missing something, and I probably am, Willow acts as if that was Nina's fault!

Edited by Khan

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's all misguided.  Nina and Willow just don't like each other.  There isn't a huge concrete reason for Willow to hold a grudge here except she does lol.   I think Nina tried to get some sort of custody of Wiley and was pretty much always a bitch to Willow before she knew it was her daughter, but nothing huge.

Is current Sonny much different than past Sonny?  I don't see much of a difference.  He's a bit more calm and caring, but that's about it to me.  As a Brenda and Sonny/Brenda fan I don't care that much about what Sonny does at this point.  I care much more about how he treats Brenda when she's onscreen.   I can sort of handwave most of Sonny's actions in a fanfiction blur if he's good to Brenda and their story is good.   Brenda is much more of my focus.

• Members

Taggert is a non-issue. The true cast trimming should come from the series regulars. Plus, cutting some of the newer additions (non-legacy) could allow legacy characters to return to the canvas.

Brook Kerr was an amazing hire, but I cannot help but think of multiple other characters she could have been recast into.

Well, let's be honest, the days of the 1980s and 1990s charismatic soap opera male finds just does not exist anymore, but in comparison to some others hired around their time, they both stand out.

I think Mark Lawson's exit came at the price of Emme Rylan's exit.

Oh, definitely.

• Members

Agree only with final statement, except I would make Sasha Nina's real daughter after all and Willow faking and eventually off show.

Nina isn't crazy or a sadsack. Carly, Michael, Wallow and Olivia are all hypocrites.  Wallow is easily brainwashed, Shiloh, then by Carly. Wallow acts like she is in love with Carly!! Michael acts like a spoiled brat teen. Carly needs also to get over herself, she has done worse things than Nina. For example, raping AJ after getting him drunk, seducing Tony as revenge against Carly, her being Mob Boss when everyone thought Sonny was dead, being horrible to Robin, and I could go on. Carly keeps on about Ava being responsible for Morgan's death when it was Ava taking his bipolar meds AND Ava's sister OLIVIA JEROME who had bomb put in car that killed him. She always throws up Nina kidnapping Ava and then baby Avery. Nina was mentally ill at that time due to her mother's putting her in a coma for 20 years and selling her twins. 

Edited by David_Vickers

• Members

I don't disagree that Carly, Michael, Willow, and Olivia are hypocrites lol. That's a fact. I just hate Nina and I think it would be a lot better if CW played to her crazy Annie Dutton strengths instead of being weepy hoping to hear any details about Willow's wedding.  I certainly respect the fact that you like Nina and see it differently, but I find the whole story tedious right now. 

• Members

That's fair.  I am coming from a place of disliking Nina and seeing no use for her, so if I have to watch her she might as well be entertaining.  I am not thinking of her character longevity because I would just assume she leave lol.  I do know CW/Nina has fans and I can't imagine they enjoy this story much either.  I don't think it's particularly empowering to watch her beg for crumbs of details of Willow's life either.   Her calling SEC on Carly/Drew was better, but she feels bad about it and she shouldn't.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, @carolineg.  I'm no fan of Nina's either, lol.  I wish she would quit feeling bad about not being allowed to attend the wedding or calling the SEC on Carly and Drew, too.

Maybe this is all leading to some "Stella Dallas" moment where Stella Nina stands outside the window, weeping and biting her handkerchief, as she watches Laurel Willow marry the man of her dreams.  Or maybe this is leading to Willow having a total meltdown when she sees that Nina has crashed the wedding and she accidentally confesses she's been faking her cancer before holding a knife to Michael's throat at the altar.  Only time will tell, lol.

• Members

I don't know, but scene after scene of Nina feeling sad for herself because Willow won't talk to her is repetitive.  Frankly, Willow isn't worth it.  

I have no problem with Willow faking, I think it's a fabulous idea, but I think CW can handle the crazy material a lot better than KM.

• Members

And it's ironic, of course, since Nina came on this show completely batshit.

You can tell there's some closet bitch hiding behind Willow's eyes. I think KM could play some of that, particularly if she is positioned as the real terror while CW's Nina frantically tries to cover for/enable her. Once she is gone Nina can go full throttle again herself.

• Members

It would actually make sense since Nelle is her twin (Nelle is her twin right? lol).  I actually don't think KM is untalented and could do more, but Willow is just such a dull character.  When she first appeared I did like Willow a bit. 

Nina needs to do something.  Her romance with Sonny is boring.  This Willow story is boring.  The only time Nina is entertaining is when she is gossiping with Ava.