DAYS: September 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Years ago I mentioned how the Trent Robbins murder mystery was incredibly paint by the numbers, by being so basic in how it played out on screen. That doesn't compare to Ron's attempt at writing a murder mystery, which is so messy, inconsistent, and all over the place. It really says a lot about a writer, when they can make Dena Higley's work seem like Shakespeare. 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To be fair - I think writing a long-term murder mystery where we're simultanously surprised at the killer while it also makes perfect sense is hard - if not impossible thanks to online chatter dissecting every detail. With that said, I much prefer straight-forward solutions rather than attempting to do something convulted for the sake of being shocking.

• Members

And it didn't work  I still see this whole thing as a cheap stunt that ruined a popular (and unique) soap couple for no reason.

Craig being the killer actually does make a little sense to me and I admit I was surprised by it. I just don't care because I've hated this whole Craig/Nancy arc from the very beginning. Not only was badly written, it was offensive, insensitive, misogynistic and just mean spirited all around. I honestly don't even care if Craig gets killed off or not.

He's up there lol but I still gotta go with Mike Manning 

• Members

Nancy is so desperate. It's appalling. And any reassurances they offered up front about not screwing with Nancy's character were just lies. Here's what they did to Nancy's character. They made her so desperate it's embarrassing to see her & hear her.

This murder mystery was a chance to get rid of Leo and/or Gwen!! We're missing all the boats!

At least they have the power to make us crave homemade banana split night!

I just happened to glance at the actor who plays Johnny's twitter bio. He ends it with this: World's greatest lover. Basically, {GUFFAW!}

Do you think Jack's going to notice that Jenn is a pill popper? He's so sad. His whole speech today about Jenn saving him was just dripping with pathos. Where is Real Jack? Who knew he could be so totally cowed by guilt?!! At one point in his life he was far too arrogant to slide down into bare subsistence ego. And, Jenn is so far gone down "the valley of the dolls" she doesn't even seem to notice how glaring Jack's sadness is.

But, if Craig did it, what was he doing in Abigail's bedroom late that night? And, why Abigail? Maybe he stabbed Sonny because of some gay male sleight? Or did Sonny have something to do with the bust-up of Leo & Craig?

I've been to the dentist & I have chipmunk mouth & I'm frustrated with RonC's universe. But, why does Craig smell like vanilla?!!!

• Members

Oh, spoiler today! Well, today was marginally better if for only the fact that on one stage we have these dying women & on this other stage we have the custody battle. C stage was the cop shop interrogation room where Patch managed to get in to nearly kill Orpheus with an ink pen. I love Nichols & he should not show his teeth that way! Feral. Kristen was, if anything, even more obnoxious & supercilious. Dee is showing an aptitude for different ways of coughing. Speaking of coughing, Kate coughed up some info to Roman about Philip & his getting better but it being too soon for the FBI to get him & throw the key away. Roman was gonna go tell the judge that Brady couldn't have murdered Philip because he's alive. The judge & us the audience & Chloe are the only ones who know it, but Chloe saved the day! She had a recording of Kristen attacking her *after* the pardon & she gave it to the judge to view. Now I can have breakfast!

I do not know if it matters but doesn't it seem like Marlena is the sickest & Kate is the least affected with Kay in between? Although Kayla did a fine slide down to the floor falling out. The ISA Lab which is apparently NOT at a secret location has gotten nowhere on what has been done to them. Kate called Philip & he wanted to know if anything was up because if not, he needed to do to therapy. That's a great sign that he is getting better OR that he has a crush on his counselor. 

I wonder when Craig is going to be found out. Guessing that is what is coming. But just a guess. I just want it over with.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Tonksadora
More.

• Members

Are they bringing Phillip back?  All this talk of him makes me think it's possible.  I liked Roman tried to help Brady and tell the truth.  It's nice when a character does something actually in character.   

Wow, that custody trial was a huge waste of everyone's time.  With this, like the mini Sarah/Xander plot, they could have cut it out entirely and focused on the two A stories right now (Abby's death and Marlena, Kayla dying).   You could still use Belle/Brady and Sarah/Xander, but in those stories where they would still be relevant.

It does seem like Marlena is the worst off even though she seemed like the best off in the beginning.  And.......even if it's not contagious Kate and Kayla up and around coughing all over is gross especially in a restaurant and hospital lol.  I guess we are to assume Marlena's business has recovered and that crisis is over since she was talking to a patient today not named Ben.

• Members

I liked it, too. As a matter of fact it made me think of him as Roman!

Most of the hearing was Kristen sucking all the oxygen out of the room talking & talking & talking. Belle was ineffectual by no fault of her own. John nearly went catatonic on the stand just thinking about Orpheus & Doc. I'm pretty sure the Judge wanted to leave.

Oh, that's right. I had already forgotten the devil screwing up her practice.

Please register in order to view this content

I am halfway convinced Kristen will try to kill Chloe when she finds out what turned the tide in the custody hearing!

• Members

I just don’t understand why they rushed through the end of the hearing (after seeing so much of it onscreen) and had Roman be the narrator of it to Kate. 

And I hope this means that Philip is coming back as well, but hopefully played by a different actor 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Same.  I thought that's what realRoman would do lol.  

John was so silly on that stand.  I don't want to think about the whole thing more than I have to but why can Brady's possible crime against Phillip be brought up?  I understand Kristen's crimes can't be, but how can Kristen bring up something Brady was never charged with?  Or crimes Marlena was never charged with?

Yeah, Doc's practice briefly suffered and I was kind of interested in some repercussions, but that was clearly dropped months ago.