DAYS: September 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sarah's a clown. They should've left her ass on the island. 

I see that Jack forgot that Xander's "cousin Sonny" is also his nephew and namesake lol how are these continuity mistakes able to slip by?

Clyde and Nancy have no purpose on the show. Let them just get married and leave.

As for Craig, he's already been destroyed so why not 

Please register in order to view this content

Have it all come out, kill him off (prompting Leo to leave town lol) and let the effects of it bring some conflict to Brady and Chloe. 

I think I have that same sweater in dark gray 

He did look good. The costume people really have been dressing him well lately.

• Members

Lol!  I don't want to see more of Clyde/Nancy.  My point was one relationship is overdeveloped and one is totally underdeveloped.

Every story is like this.  Kayla, Marlena, and Kate are dying and we haven't seen them in days and Belle/Brady were just fighting the custody case.  So they either don't care about their parents or don't know.  It's unclear. 

Stories just disappear for weeks at a time including this murder mystery.

• Members

Oh, you're right about the way they allocate screentime. Huge coverage of people talking to each other about Problem Z. Then, something undeveloped just HAPPENs. And, there's no repercussions either.  And, @AbcNbc247you're right that Sarah is a clown. And, so is Xander! He's either totaly in control or completely wild at what he does. The only thing that's been compelling has been Chad's grief, Jenn's grief, Jack's angst & guilt & little Thomas. You can't have a soap be about 4 people's negative feelings.

• Members

The real problem with the show is the loss of the sense of community.  Everyone on Days used to know each other's business and most of the cast would be involved in one problem unlike GH or YR where people sometimes don't cross paths at all.  Up until the budget was slashed, the whole town of Salem went to Aremid or Paris.  Half the cast went to Greta's coronation.  Weddings were a huge deal.  If this was 15 years ago, everyone would have been at Sarah/Xanders wedding.  Everyone related to Kayla, Marlena, and Kate would pop up at the hospital to see what's going on or lend support.  I know the budget issues are real, but Ron has to figure out a way to connect people in the town to make things feel more important and not just a series of insular events happening to a few people.

• Members

That's the problem. And that doesn't even feel like a budget issue to me.

Neither does rushing through storylines. I kind of get it with Chandler Massey/Will, but when your storylines consist mostly of actors that are on contract, I don't see why the show feels the need to rush through it.

Too bad he doesn't live in NY. He and I could go shopping together 

Please register in order to view this content

And the spoilers say that

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Sure, today is a perfect example of something that isn't a budget problem.  We could have cut out this entire Xander/Sarah separation and fight and spent the whole episode developing the murder mystery.

If Jackie Cox is the killer I truly give up.  No one would care.  I barely care about Craig, but it will at least effect some people on the canvas lol.  Why would Craig smell like Vanilla though?  Was he baking pre-stabbing?

Edited by carolineg

• Members

It was nice to hear Will's voice too. I like Will. I was glad Maggie held her ground with Sarah. And I thought Maggie made a good point about her having to deal with Victor's past & not constantly be blaming him for things he did years ago.  What've we got so far? Nice sweater, nice voice, Maggie made good point, ... this is truly pitiful. Well, I can choose to hope that Cady will get to slam Emily! That's my ticket.