Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know why Allie/everyone expects Tripp to get over this all within 24 hours.  Give the guy time to breathe.  And Allie needs to stop being so sad about it, but almost making out with Chanel.  I have no sympathy for her.

So, Susan thinks Belle, who is acting completely normal is the devil because she has 666 on her coat?  Would the Devil really walk around with 666 on their coat in public?  Or was Susan the only one who saw that with her psychic powers?  

I honestly forgot about Rafe's trial.  It's fine it's taking place offscreen for multiple reasons.  We all remember the idiocy of EJ's trial that unfortunately took place on screen.

• Members

Word!

True dat, lol.

You know, maybe it's crazy, but if DAYS is actively seeking a new supervillain, why not follow GH's lead and make that supervillain a woman?  After all, it's 2022.  Who says a woman can't be as all-powerful as a man?

Yup.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Perhaps, but I feel like Kristen has been softened too much in recent years.  Like @KLN said, Stacy Haiduk's Kristen is not the same as Eileen Davidson's Kristen, and I feel like ED's Kristen would come closer to fitting the bill of supervillain than SH's.

Now, one way they could bring Kristen BACK to being a true supervillain would be to have her suffer the worst loss imaginable - namely, the death of her and Brady's daughter - and have someone from one of the town's main families be inadvertently responsible, thereby causing her to swear vengeance against the entire family or families, like papa Stefano would.

Edited by Khan

• Members

ED would definitely play this better, but I think Kristen's characterization goes in and out and the switch outs between ED/SH don't help.  I do think the show has given up on SH's Kristen being the 'good' girl hugging and hanging out with John/Marlena just by the fact Brady is full force into Chloe at this point.  It all seems a little too late, but I do think the super villian direction is where they are headed with her.    Although, I wouldn't mind them killing off Rachel to further story.

• Members

I'd do it like how they killed off Cathy Craig's little girl BITD on OLTL: Rachel falls ill; Marlena, who has been left in charge of her for the evening, has an accident on the way to the E.R.; little Rachel succumbs; Kristen lashes out and blames Marlena, screaming that her daughter would still be alive if Marlena hadn't been so reckless (even though everyone knows Doc was just rushing her to the hospital); Kristen wages a new war against John, Marlena and all their loved ones.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This sounds good.  I am just so exhausted by Kristen.  I don't even want to see SH play this.  If it was ED I might consider it.  But there is very little to redeem about Kristen these days so [!@#$%^&*] with Marlena would at least make historical sense to me.

• Members

I always thought it would be more interesting if a female took over the DiMera enterprises (preferably when Stefano was still alive), but for whatever reason they never gave Lexi or Kristen any real ambitions in that area. Plus most of Stefano's female children end up actually dead (Renee, Megan, Lexi).

• Members

I would have loved to have seen Lexie assume control of the DiMera empire, if only to see the more bigoted viewers out there get upset because the "uppity Black b***h" had the upper hand on all the white folks in town, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

There was a time when Lexi transitioned from cop to Dr and she could have transitioned into a business person instead, but I am not sure if the timing lines up with when she found out Stefano was her father.  

I see Kristen (especially ED's Kristen) working well as the head of Dimera.  She was a social worker, but hasn't appeared to have any career aspirations since about 1996.

The thing is DE wasn't really a thing until much later.  Stefano had businesses and money, but there wasn't any story about running it, a board, control, what they owned, etc.  It's a much more recent thing that people now care about.  For example, someone like Peter would have been the obvious choice to run it back then, but he was a shady lawyer instead.