The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I despise the TVMSMnow.have for years. it's like TMZ.

I remember just like the week when Brian Williams started in on the "both sides" [!@#$%^&*] when it came to the shutdown. the 3 networks have whored themselves to the RP and other entities for access. they have turned themselves into celebrities. I don't give a damn Joe and Mika got married......they both are now doing the same thing with Schultz they did for Trump.

thank you for starting this thread.

• Members

Clearly it was short-sighted and even then people saw it as a ridiculous fad, but in that massive media Gold Rush at the time, so many people saw it as a stroke of genius. At my old company, our execs brought in the leaders of BuzzFeed for a town hall to teach us everything they knew, as they appeared to have social media and digital all figured out. They were launching Tasty, their YouTube channels were firing on all cylinders. They were launching original series, products. They had perfected what Upworthy, Vice, Mashable, et al had reached for and couldn’t quite achieve. They were gods. Until, of course, they weren’t. 

Of course, many folks have the ability to take a bird’s eye, long view, but when you’re in it and your bosses are smitten with every shiny object, your hand is forced. It takes a strong and very rare leader (or an established, well-funded brand) to resist temptation to dart off on every trend. And even then you have to make little adjustments to the new reality while keeping your eye on the prize.

Edited by Faulkner