Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

"Northern Exposure" revival in the works at CBS

That’s hilarious. I’ve seen columnists over the years joke about a Northern Exposure revival, and it’s actually happening.

The problem is, like Murphy Brown and unlike The X-Files, it’s another show that didn’t have a robust life in syndication or streaming after it ended.

Edited by Costello

Given that Murphy Brown didn't set the world on fire I'm surprised they are going for another revival. This makes me wonder if they may give that show another season (I hope they do). 

I really enjoyed the first few years of Northern Exposure, and it gave me a lifelong crush on Rob Morrow, but the show went way too far up its own ass (as many shows did in the '90s) and I also grew to loathe watching the utterly tedious Joel/Maggie relationship.

If this is revived I hope they leave Maggie in the past. And Ed. 

Wow. John Falsey, the show’s co-creator who was working on the reboot, died at 67 due to complications from a head injury he suffered after a fall at home.

So sad to hear this. This is why falls at home always frighten me. 

Brand and Falsey created a true gem with St. Elsewhere. One of my favorite shows of all time. The first season (the only season they worked up) was fascinating and beautiful.