• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was the origin story of most of the mystical elements of the show. I would have trimmed a few bits but for the most part I wouldn't say it was a waste of time at all. I thought the scene with the woman looking at the orb of Laura was truly beautiful, and I'm glad at where the narrative seems to be going with Laura (a symbol of strength and hope). I also thought the scene where the shadow figures devoured/rebirthed doppelganger Coop was brilliant and chilling.

I did get a good laugh at the arbiters of taste at E! Online saying NOW they can say the show is bad, and they still just want to hear about Audrey.

Honestly if I was a pettier person than I already am these fans would make me hate Audrey. I'm just over hearing about these fan fiction fantasies. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Laura is Kal-El!

Some of that stuff (1956, etc.) goes back to elements from the original script of FWWM, where they'd apparently intended another flashback sequence to show Lodge spirits emerging in our world.

I loved that, but whoo it'll be divisive.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Full disclosure: I had heard something about "glowing balls" with people's faces in them - devoid of any context whatsoever, I might add - and Laura's face was mentioned. But even if I hadn't known that I would've expected Laura to be in that ball. Lynch/Frost just elevated her to the level of creation myth.

I do suspect the young girl may have been Sarah.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I guess the sequence with the woman, the giant and glowing Laura ball is supposed to be the infamous "White Lodge" sending good Laura to counter evil Bob and the Black Lodge?

The original FWWM script was apparently supposed to be set in the 50s and explain (well, in Lynchian terms) how the Black Lodge came to be  - I guess with a huge nuclear explosion!