TOLN Announces Season Finales of AMC/OLTL

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Once again, I don't think they are as transparent as they need to be. This should be expected, but a time frame of when to expect the shows should ALSO be announced. For me personally, I think it would be best if they held off for 3+ months so they could return with more episodes per-week, which would help things like the OWN airings and also give them time to properly stockpile episodes. At the very least they should've announced the next filming dates for both shows so we know they're picking up production in August. By them leaving that out, it leaves me to wonder if maybe things have been pushed back once again.

Hopefully some good comes of this downtime. They should release a DVD box-set as well. There is no excuse since there aren't that many episodes. It's another easy stream of revenue.

• Members

Surely it's not Ron Raines as the shocking fan favorite, I hope not. I want it to be someone connected to OLTL. Mitch? Carlo?

Surely it's not Ron Raines as the shocking fan favorite, I hope not. I want it to be someone connected to OLTL. Mitch? Carlo?

• Members

I thought that they had enough episodes to get through to the END OF September and then October would be the new writing team and new episodes, due to the union mess with the crew.

Just more of the same from PP. PP needs to stop messing with us, really now.

• Members

Here's the quote from Jen a few weeks ago about a fan favorite return. But they weren't filming during this time so are these returns separate? Or was she being coy?

"Soaps.com: Any classic characters coming back who we can look out for?

Pepperman: We are in talks to bring back a very popular classic character and I’m not at liberty to say yet who it is. But the fans will be very excited by it. Because we are a half-hour show I want to make sure all of the characters on the canvas have story. "

• Members

I thought that too. Hopefully they do that. It does sound like they planned this whole "season finale" thing when they got the OWN deal though. Maybe they're doing this is as a way to keep all the internet/TV fans in sync with each other and as a way to entice Oprah to pick them up again for another "season"?

Archived