March 25-29, 2013: Good Week for Y&R & GH

Toups

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't need current ratings to prove that. The oltl3 didn't bump the ratings when they were introduced. And three characters alone don't impact ratings anyway IMO. Certainly not three characters who were largely isolated and whose exits have been largely ignored. Just like when Jason was killed off and his existence seemed forgotten. The Port Charles community didn't even seem to notice their absence.

For what it's worth, I expect GH to get a bump for the 50th. Not as much as they would have if RC had spent more time building these stories leading up to the big reveals and payoffs instead of so much filler.

• Members

I wasn't watching when the OLTL3 were on, so I don't know whether they were integrated well, but I imagine their presence would have taken away from the focus on the GH vets these past couple weeks, so I am grateful for the legal issues that led to them disappearing just at the time of this anniversary. I don't miss them because in a way I "didn't know" they were ever there, but I'm glad the show was able to come up with exits that didn't leave gaping holes, based on what you're saying.

It sounds like your vindication comment isn't referring to GH ratings based on what you've written, or is it? I agree with you the GH ratings will only be mildly up. That's hard to see as vindication of anything though. What are you awaiting vindication for? Is it about something on another show?

I think the GH ratings should be more strongly up the following week (this week just passed).

• Members

I just think HackTini are incredibly weak. They are to drama what painting by numbers is to art. I know a lot of GH viewers think Guza is the devil and all that needed to be done to turn GH around was eliminate the focus on the mob. As with most things, when someone shows up and seems to gift you with exactly what you said you wanted, it's hard to complain about style over substance, for awhile. But I think buyer's remorse is setting in for just about anyone who isn't willing to leave their brain at the door.

• Members

Definitely haven't checked my brain at the door, but I disagree. They're certainly not perfect and the stories and the characters would benefit from a lot more fleshing out, but it all entertains me. I can't say that about the Guza years where yes there was stuff I loved, but more stuff that I hated. And most importantly for me, GH is miles above my other former soap, Days. There's simply no comparison. We all have our own reasons for watching and our own standards for what's acceptable. I'll take Ron & Frank's version of Port Charles any day over Tomsell's crapfest version of Salem.

Archived