(Old School) Real World Marathon This Weekend

VirginiaHamilton

• Members

Just finished watching NYC and I'm mad that they edited out the original music that aired with the episodes - especially since they're airing on the original channel! No ATCQ, no Right Said Fred, no nothing! angry.png

I'm not sure if the old-school Real World marathons are going to air past this weekend, but I highly suggest the programming director follow NYC 1.0, SF, and LV up with those 90s seasons (minus London because I couldn't even make it through that one) during the weekend. After all, if they could air Laguna Beach, Daria, and The Hills in their entirety over the course of weeks, I can't see why they can't do the same for the reality show that started it all.

Besides, there's only so much Snooki & JWoww, Ridiculousness, and Teen Mom that needs to be desperately seen.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So truuuuuuuuuuue VH! I pray that they continue doing this or at least until Portland starts because I can see them doing mini marathons on the weekend for people to catch up like they have in the past.

I definitely want all 90s or at least all seasons up until Chicago to air weekend marathons. Nostalgic and all that.

• Members

The schedule looks like it's business as usual after tomorrow, so that sucks.

I remember when they used to air old seasons on MTV before deciding to "put them in a vault" (or whatever that means), so I'd like for them to do a season or two per weekend so that we could relive the memories. TeenNick does it and gets decent ratings with their 90s programming, so I can see it working here (if promoted).

On another note, it blows my mind to see how much has changed in 20 years. From the show's format to my hometown to the kind of contestants that they featured to the fashion trends to the hot celebrities of the day. Dare I say, things seemed so innocent and optimistic back then (or maybe those are my childhood memories talking).

• Members

So true, I swear they could probably pull in good ratings if they have one of their channels just for 90s content shows and for people to get their fill of old school/vintage reality series that we liked. I would even be down to watch, I Wanna Be A VJ... which was really hilarious to me during the 90s-00s. I know Logo more or less shows a lot of Daria reruns and some of the stuff ends up on MTV2. But they should have a block dedicated to old school shows. People would eat it up.

Agreed at how it has changed for two decades and more or less it just makes me sad. I used to love MTV and would run home after school to tune into the likes of TRL or Making The Video and stuff like that -- now I really avoid it unless it's something I really want to see or I'm watching to support an actor that I enjoy watching onscreen.

• Members

Which one was Frank....I may be thinking of the wrong one

My favorites were San Fran and the New Orleans season....What season were Dan and Melissa in....that season was great too...so many that I forgot already.

• Members

Dan and Melissa were New Orleans, along with my crazy bitch Julie.

I was watching a little bit of Las Vegas 1.0 last night, and wow, I know it was 11 years ago, but 2002 really does look like "the past." I kinda wish, instead of showing full seasons, they would have just shown memorable episodes from throughout the show's run (something they should have done for the 20th anniversary, but I digress). There have been so many truly amazing stand-alone episodes throughout this show's run, even in the more recent seasons, and it would have been awesome to see many of them.

• Members

Dan and Melissa who had the infamous "stupid biotch" fight are not from NO. I fohet wich season they are fm, I think Florida and Flora was also in the same season as well. Danny (hot bi sexual who gyest starred on Dawsons Creek) and Melissa are the ones from NO

Archived