Days: Will February Sweeps Preview

• Members

From Daytime Confidential

Will starts to embrace being a bad boy, and is also having a tough time with his sexuality. EJ steps up to the plate for his former stepson, due to Lucas being out of town and his tumultuous relationship with Sami. Young Mr. Horton rips Sami for her treatment of Rafe.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, I have been regularly watching for the past three weeks and havent seen an inking of Will struggling with his secuality. The scenes with him and Sonny and his friends can be totally intepret either way imo. Is the boy gay or not DOOL, step it up!

• Members

I agree! After all the spoilers, interviews, and innuendo, I still don't see what I NEED to see on screen to tell me that Will is gay! They're running this story completely on subtlety which IMO can be interpreted in various ways. What I do see is that Will is having a hell of a good time being EJ's apprentice.

• Members

Sounding a bit nasty aren't we? Why is that? No one is saying anything about the show being written just for them, but some of us are noticing how it's playing out. Sorry to see that you're obviously so desperate for a "Will is gay" story that the opinions of others upset you.

• Members

With the exception of the one scene with Will and Sonny, we haven't seen much to drive this story. Look, I want to see this story too, but it HAS to be done correctly. At least with Luke on ATWT, they showed a scene where a touch of a guy's hand or a massage made him feel a little out of sorts or different before Noah and Reid came along.

You can't pull it out of thin air.

• Members

Yeah, there really needs to be *some* indication. I mean, I like that DAYS isn't overly obvious like they usually are about things (i.e. the 10-minute handshake that occurred between Billie and Chelsea when they first met, before Billie knew Chelsea was her daughter), but there needs to be some sort of subtle hints so that those who *haven't* been reading ever since last February that Will would turn out gay will eventually figure out what's going on. The scenes last week between Will, Sonny, and Sonny's 2 friends were the first real signs displayed by Will. That, and the "he's not there yet" remark that Sonny gave to the Queer Eye guy have been the only hints thus far.

• Members

It makes no sense to me to focus on his being gay when they aren't going to be able to show any affection anyway. If anything the character seems extremely asexual to me. Just write a personality for him beyond his endless whining and smirking and yelling.

• Members

In all his talks since late December with Sonny & his interactions with Sonny's friends it comes off really authentic to me that Will is strugling with being Gay & doesnt want to be around other gays. Thats what happened with me back in the day.

I didnt want people to know I was gay or admit it myself so If I was around gay guys and having a good time, flirting and caught myself, Id leave the situation and try to avoid it, just like Will has done.

Not every gay guy struggling is gonna stand there and watch a guy and fantasze about or stare at him with desire

Archived