Cast of "Fact of Life" to reunite at TV Land awards

dragonflies

• Members

Cloris is a hoot. I think her memory is going a bit, her and Valerie Harper almost got into an argument on Oprah cause Cloris said she wasn't in the final episode, and Valerie reminded her that she WAS. :lol: OMG, at Charlotte and the "straight" comment. The look of horror on her face when she realized what she's said is priceless.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"I'm lookin' fa Blrrr Wrrrnrrr," is burned in my memory.

I always cringe when the interviewers ask show casts the same questions over and over again. "Blair, you was fat?" "Natalie, you did it first?" "Jo, you came in season two?" "Tootie, you was on roller skates?" You can just see the actresses rolling their inner eyes while putting on a smile and being gracious nonetheless.

The WBK reunion is on Hulu. Robert Hegyes looks SHOCKING. All grey, full grey beard, pot belly, and cane. Yikes, and I thought he was the sexiest on the show, with that big ol' fro and that big ol' butt. Marcia Strassman looks fab and sounds the exact same, though. Ellen Travolta, I recognize more from Charles in Charge, looks totally different.

• Members

I was rolling my eyes during the FOL interview....lol

I didn't recognize Ellen. She looks really different. I always thought Robert looked fugly...but man...the guy needs to shave the beard off...cut his hair...Robert you are not living in the 70s anymore....lol...then color your hair and lose some weight and you'll be rid of that cane.

• Members

*takes deep breath and slowly exhales shaking head and suppressing laughter*

I think they should assume that everyone watching is already a diehard fan and ask new and interesting questions, because if you know one of these shows at ALL you know the same old tired trivia that gets dragged out everytime these people get interviewed. Can you say, "The life of a Susan Lucci fan"? If you have a rarely seen former star in the flesh you should ask them things that can't be found on Wikipedia.

I'd like to know, "Girls, GIRLS, GIRLS, which was your favorite setting? Eastland, Edna's Edibles (don't git me tuh cryin' win Miss Gurrit's dream burnt down), or Over Our Heads? Speaking of heads, what went through yours when Charlotte announced that she was leaving? Did you think this was the end of the road? What was FOL missing? What character could or should have been introduced, what story was left to tell? Geri, did you really tell Charlotte to kiss your handicapable ass?"

• Members

Every single show's got that little set of questions that WILL get asked when the cast is all together or even when it's just one or two people on a show or something. Speaking of SuLu, I can go the rest of my life without ever hearing another interviewer asking her how many husbands Erica's had. WE KNOW THIS ALREADY. Ask her about Gellar, damn it!

I'm not one of the GIRRRRLLLSSSS!!!!, but my favorite setting was the Eastland cafeteria seasons. Glory days of the show, of course, but I just liked that dynamic. The first season, I liked, but I wasn't a fan of the house-like setting. Edna's Edibles was great, I loved the idea of a bakery-type shop, and it was such a warm and cozy set. Over Our Heads was TOO MUCH PINK, and still after all these years, I don't quite understand what the hell they were supposed to be selling there. Yes, "novelties," but what kind of novelties? And the people of Peekskill were craving to buy novelties?

Just randomly going through some of the opening credits, that one shot they used for Kim Fields still freaks me out. I'm not gonna tell you, SFK, because I want to see just how well our ESP works :lol: I'll tell you that it's one from the cafeteria years. You HAVE to know which one I mean.

Archived