The Morning Show Ratings

Soapsuds

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GMA is closing the gap on The Today Show. I also watch GMA. I just can't stand Matt Lauer. He gets on my nerves.

The Early Show has always been at the bottom for the longest time. Not even Julie Chen on the show couldn't bring it out of the gutter...shocking...NOT..

• Members

I think that Julie Chen left the Morning Show to go on maternity leave in September of 09. She took a LONG maternity leave and then came back to the morning show to do special segments. My point is, for all intents and purposes, she hasn't been a regular on that show in almost a year and a half, yet the ratings have not gone up. If she was so hated, viewers should have tuned in after she was gone. Also, Big Brother is a very successful summer series for CBS. While I understand that she probably wouldn't have had all these jobs if she weren't married to the boss, the fact remains that she is big part of both Big Brother and The Talk, and both shows are successful. I'm liking her alot as moderator of The Talk.

• Members
IA. Julie Chen makes a fabulous moderator. She reminds me alot of Meredith Vieira. She keeps the discussion moving, she doesn't seem overwhelmed, and unlike Whoopi and Barbara at The View, Julie seems as if she's having the time of her life on this show.

We've needed the anti-View for about five years now and this show fills that void. It's admirable that the people behind this show at least attempt to do some sort of public service to the viewers instead of feeding and stroking their own egos. I mean, don't get me wrong...this is very much a fluffy daytime show. But The Talk attempts to and most of the time successfully informs and uplifts its audience. The View just shoves opinions down your throat.

But it's obvious some(not all, just a few) people are so bitter about the cancellation of a 50+ year old drama series or the "threat" of an existing soap on another network in the same boat that they have to resort to childish baiting and antics to properly "grieve." Luckily, most daytime television viewers don't share such juvenile sentiment.

• Members

There have been some really outstanding episodes of The Talk. The show on bullying in particular and the one on Tuscon were stand outs. The Talk seems to stay away from political topics and that's fine. We get enough politics on other shows.

Archived