WikiLeaks Leaks the Documents

Sylph

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what will get Americans the MOST pissed off. All of this crap about other world leaders and what we think about them doesn't matter to the average American. It gets other countries pissed off, but Americans keep eating their McDonalds and keep filling their cars up with gasoline. WikiLeaks, to really get the attention of the American people, has to expose every Americans worst fear or conspiracy.

But even if that happens, will Americans care? Or continue living in ignorant bliss?

• Members

Apparently, the media in Europe are appalled and surprised how much Americans don't give a sh!t about this. LOL. And how little coverage there is because, reportedly, American media don't want to sound unpatriotic.

Who knows whether that leak will occur, one of the recent tweets from WikiLeaks says they're under DDOS attacks.

• Members

Well, opinions can be true or not. But, anyway... I really, really wanted to like that press conference. However, I was distracted ph34r.gif by how hooooorrible she looked! So exhausted, at the end of her strenghts. It wasn't pretty. Then she went and read the statement, it was mostly pure PR talk, nothing remarkable, I don't know why are you so in awe. I expected more.

But she did handle those three questions very well. And, finally, smiled (before the first)!

Furthermore, you make it sound as if people are ignorant cows: do you seriously believe that she calling it treason will have that much of an impact? As bellcurve says, Americans just don't care about some silly foreign policy issue about stuff happening miles away when the world around them isn't recovering as it should. Perhaps I'm overestimating people. unsure.gif

• Members

First, Hillary absolutely looked like hell. She looked exhausted. She read the statement because she was dead tired, it was utterly obvious.

Second, many people are ignorant cows who graze on whatever they are told. Have you seen some of the people who attend Sarah Palin rallies? Most of the ignorant masses follow the party line, don't ever want to seem unpatriotic and believe in an America that doesn't exist anymore. The middle class in America is totally disappearing and many Americans seem ignorant to this phenomenon.

And I don't think Bellcurve meant that Americans are simply too worried about what's going on at home to notice...Bellcurve seems to suggest exactly what I do: Many Americans are happy eating their McDonalds, filling up their cars with gasoline. They don't care about anything that doesn't affect them on a deeply personal level because they are too ignorant to realize that the world doesn't necessarily revolve around the good 'ol USA.

• Members
This is exactly what I mean.

As I said before, it's gonna take the younger generation and something being revealed(a government conspiracy) or a SERIOUS threat to the collapse of the federal government(either by virtue of another country's attacks or something financial) to get people to pay attention. It's gonna take something that makes people abandon their party lines and (temporarily) abandon their own prejudices to work together. And no, not another 9-11. I mean a country threatening to invade or attack the US. An event that forces people to turn their back on the people in charge and demand real changes.

The problem is that this generation is so damn fixated on sh!t like iPhones, Dancing With the Stars and Justin Beiber to give a damn about anything else. Both liberals and conservatives alike. Our country should have been truly outraged by what happened in the Gulf this summer. And all people did was say, "Oh it happens." No one cared. There's still huge fallout from the Gulf, but people are still fishing despite the numerous tarballs that have washed ashore and the tests that have been conducted on that water. If it's out of sight, it's out of mind for people in America.

People abroad think most Americans are lazy and uninformed and I happen to agree with that. We live in this whole, "Jesus will take care of everything because we live in a Christian nation" mentality that has caused this collapse of the financial industry and will be the death of us as a country. People can quote these ridiculous Bible scriptures to justify their hatred of gays, minorities, and other religions, but don't even know that the Earth existed before the "alleged existence" of Adam and Eve. They say that Obama is "the devil" or Bush is "evil" when they fail to realize that both Bush and Obama are the same leader with the same goals. Corporations and banks control the Feds...all we vote for is a face to execute their vision and maybe a few policies of the elected official's own.

I'm not saying I'm the world's most informed, but I think it's my right as an American to not blindly follow our biased media and our bought and paid for President word-for-word.

If the guy behind WikiLeaks really has damaging information about the banks, the pharmaceuticals industry, and BP, then he should have the balls to release this information immediately. Either he's holding out for a payment or is really [!@#$%^&*] with us.

• Members

Well, yeah, I wanted to give them a chance and not name them ignorant cows, but deeply (and not so deeply) I knew the truth. Not only is the middle class disappearing in the US, it's a world-wide phenomenon: and it's something that shouldn't please any of the classes. If one goes, all the others are in danger.

As for bellcurve, I guess it ties into the attempt of me being a bit too optimistic and blind: yes, I know.

• Members

THIS is so true. Your entire post was wonderful and true, but this part is just so, totally true.

Sadly, even when most of my generation is aware of whats going on in the world around us we do not tend to care much. It is slightly like we are robots honestly, void of emotion for almost anything. We are so desensitized and nothing shocks us, everything is just kind of "Oh it happens."

• Members

:(

Densensitized. Exhausted. Lazy. Selfish. Purposefully ignorant. It's not just the younger generation. It's all of us. Sometimes stupid [!@#$%^&*] becomes the only thing you care about -- because it is easier that way.

As for these Wikileaks, I guess the issue for Hillary and her team is how will any diplomats (both US and foreign) trust the State Department to speak frankly but in confidence?

However, as far as the bombshells themselves, are we really surprised by any of this? Berlusconi is vain, ineffectual and spends his time chasing underage starlets? Color me shocked. The US and UK are worried that Pakistan will hand off its nuclear know-how to the Taliban? Gosh. Only the US and UK? If I were India, China, Israel or Russia, I would be kinda nervous right about now.

I am more than ready for Wikileaks to release almost anything except, say, secret locations of our troops and intelligence people around the world. I'm ready for some financial/pharmaceutical shenanigans. I'm ready for absolute transparency and cleaning house.

• Members

Oh, and the Hillary discussion is interesting. I was never her biggest fan, even though she went to my alma mater. When Bill was Prez, I used to call her the Pigeon, because she used to walk around with her chest puffed out like she was a big deal. Even during the campaign, I was lukewarm about her. It is only now that she is Secretary of State that I realize my mistake. This woman is a hard worker and (apart from the Wikileaks clusterfuck) she is competent. Two underrated qualities nowadays. I love that she puts 110% into this job. She could easily coast on political ties and push the majority of the work onto policy wonks, like the fragrant Nancy Pelosi, but she doesn't.

As for her appearance, she looks like a woman her age. I think her hair is a problem, and I'm sure if she cut and highlighted it again, it would take years off her.

Archived