Jennifer Saunders in remission for breast cancer

DRW50

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I loved AbFab. I'd spend hours in front of BBC America or Oxygen or Comedy Central (they all did those Saturday morning marathons of it) laughing my behind off at Patsy, Eddy, and Saffy. I'm glad she's doing well.

I seem to recall either French or Lumley had cancer at one time, too, right? Or maybe I'm confusing the lot of them with another pair of female co-stars who both beat cancer.

• Members

Ab Fab and Whose Line Is It Anyway? were my UK havens for years. I sometimes think I've watched more British TV than most people who actually live in the UK. Boy I miss that era of Comedy Central, Soap, Viva Variety, etc.

I still have that Edwina speech in my head from the haphazard charity fashion show episode, the one where she says to call up (I can't remember who) and tell her it's for charity, and to call up Joan Collins and tell her it's free champagne.

• Members

Oh wow, God bless, glad to hear she's in remission. I remember those days of Comedy Central Carl (Duck Factory, remember that?? Standup Spotlight with Wally Collins, that's where I first encountered Wanda Sykes whose standup I didn't find particularly funny, but now I'm digressing). I wasn't a big AbFab watcher but I loved the episode where they were driving around (horribly!) in the Alpha Romeo Spyder and when some guy's honking at her she gets out and beats his car with her bag! :lol: And when the cops are trying to pull her over she nonchalantly waves her arm and says, "Pass around, pass around..." :lol::lol:

It was either Frasier or Friends or Will & Grace, some NBC sitcom where she guested as someone's snooty mom wearing one of those great British hats. She was the best thing about that episode.

• Members

I want a list of every PR company, every record company in the country. I want a copy of Who's Who and the latest edition of Hello! magazine. Let's get celebritied-up.

Bubble, I want four huge video screens down either side of the catwalk. I want to flash up pictures of sad but beautiful children, happy gay couples, slogans like "world health", "no pollution", "fashion cares".

And print up thousands of new invitations on green totally recycled paper and cab them round to everybody now now.

Get on to Princess Anne's people and tell them that everybody there will be mentally ill. Tell her we'll sponsor her to wear a designer dress. And make sure she realizes that if she doesn't, those children won't get anything.

Bubble, press release: "Free Champagne Reception". Get on to Moet and Chandon, tell them it's for charity! Get on to Joan Collins, tell her there's free champagne!

It was Friends, she played Ross' fiance, Emily's, stepmother and she wore a HUGE hat.

So glad she's in remission, let's keep our fingers crossed for her. A few prayers never hurt either.

Archived