AMC: Miercoles, Cinco de Mayo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh! Why is Angie ANGELA going around acting hood? "Get to steppin'" "triflin' ass."

A college educated doctor, going around cuttin' her eyes, giving dirty looks, talking like she from the hood...

I don't know if it's Debbi or the writers, but somebody needs to calm down. Angie's coming across ghetto fabulous -- not fabulous.

Leave the hood angle to Natalia -- the tough chick cop out on the streets.

• Members

Angie was a polite, well-spoken girl from a good home (well, as "good" as a home can be, with the head of a black-market adoption ring as the patriarch). Then, she met Jesse. In a way, the same thing happened to her that happened to Whitney Houston when she met Bobby Brown -- except, in this case, Jesse didn't have to use a crack pipe.

• Members

Well, I'll look at this the same way I look at that. What a damn shame. Good Girl gone horribly wrong.

Angie needs to start rocking some bamboo earrings, then.

I wanted her to be a diva so bad... Impress me. Give me something I can bite. Unfortunately, there is nothing impressive about her. Her version of "diva" is common. In the ancient words of Monica as sung in "The Boy is Mine..." aka Fake Diva Brandy Gets Swallowed by Real Diva Monica: "I can tell the real from the fake."

• Members

Receipts?

But seriously, I could see her getting a little more hood with age, there were her years with Jesse, but it would be even more believeable if Angie had some black girlfriends. I guess they all live off-screen. This reminds me of Natalie Cole who said that it wasn't until college when she was introduced to black culture.

• Members

OMG! :lol: :lol:

I :wub: you, Cheap! We may battle, but when we're on the same page, it's a wrap!

You've got to be blind not to see that she's not even fazed in the least! It doesn't even register. There's no "I'm 'pretending' I don't see you." No! It's "I stopped paying attention to you 3 minutes ago."

That's a bite. That's Diva.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it!

• Members

On Carolyn Jones' Biography, Constance Towers said that Carolyn would always "son" her like that at the end of their scenes on Capitol. Clarissa would have just told Myrna about herself, then she'd walk off as the camera got Myrna's reaction and Carolyn would shoot some dismissive glance and take the scene. Constance said she'd snap her fingers and go, "Oh shoot, she got it! :lol: " I'm thinking Debbi looked her up and down in rehearsal and Jamie made the *adjustment*.

• Members
I like Angie. I want to support her, but dang she's really getting annoying these days. She is such a hater and she needs to tone it down, but she is doing nothing but playing herself going up against Liza and David.

Archived