Another cancellation snub for ATWT

• Members

We all know, by now, that the Daytime Emmys plan to do a tribute to AMC for their 40th anniversary rather han give a final salute to ATWT's 54 year broadcast history.

Well, there may be yet another cancellation snub. Yesterday, I renewed my membership to the Paley Center, NYC (formerly known as the Museum of Television & Radio). Over the years, I have attended such special events as: A Preview of the Premiere episode of 'Twin Peaks,' 20 years ago, a 50th anniversary tribute to ATWT in 2006, an evening with Robert Vaughn (Napolean Solo - The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) and most recently a final salute tribute to GL last August.

When renewing my membership, I asked if there were similar plans to have an event for ATWT. I was met with dead silence, and was told to write and suggest such an event with the VP of Public Affairs and Programs, Diane Lewis. You can be sure that I did just that...I was given her e-mail address.

I can not fathom the idea of ATWT going out with a wimper...no Emmy tribute and now no Paley Center tribute. GMAB, it's been more than 4 months since the cancellation announcement and nothing has been planned.

I am absolutely livid. I urge everyone to write and call the Paley Center in NYC.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Paley Center also honored OLTL's 40th anniversary with a panel discussion there in 2008 that included Agnes Nixon, along with some of the cast and crew. However, the Daytime Emmy's did not celebrate OLTL's 40th anniversary, even though they plan to recognize AMC's.

That's sad about ATWT though.

• Members

LOL oh Sinclair. Obviously I'm pleased AMC is getting a tribute, but I have to agree this is pretty insane--and even odder about no Paley Center tribute. Maybe they asked P&G and they weren't interested? :blink:

But I'm out of the loop, last I heard we still didn't even know if the Emmys would air on tv...

Archived