A Cruel Joke: You Ask for an Underrated Actor or Actress and Then...

• Members

... they give them a [!@#$%^&*] storyline or just plain ruin the character.

If you don't keep calling for more appearances and more storylines (e.g. for Jill on Y&R), then they'll say: Obviously, the audience doesn't give a damn, we're killing her off.

If you do, they just [!@#$%^&*] on them.

A catch-22 or not, can you name some characters and respective stories of this kind they were involved in?

Thanks to YRBB for his status update. :P

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bailey is the only reason I still occasionally watch the show. I wish they'd hire the mom Rochelle from Everybody Hates Chris and have her come on and play Bailey's OB/GYN sister or something. Tichina Arnold! That's it.

But Meredith & Chinless NotMcDreamy should have been put out to pasture years ago. I still can't believe they wrote Addie Walsh off the show in favor of these two losers.

• Members

GL's answer to this from 2003-2009:

Bradley Cole. <_<

Beth, Blake, Mel, and Olivia were all shackled with that Jeffrey O'Neil character and for what? Because he's just that charming and attractive?

Poor Aubrey Dollar, forced to share her scenes with a closeted underwear model and three actresses who couldn't act their way out of a plastic bag.

• Members

GH:

Allan.I feel like there was somewhat of a major pull then for the Quartermaines to be used then, and so they "used" them by killing Alan...and then Emily. Emily didn't really ever "lack" a storyline, but I think they killed her specifically to say they were having a "Quartermaine Filled 2007!"

You're right. It's either [!@#$%^&*] on them as characters, or kill them.

ALSO,

Felecia. She became a virtual extra during Kristina Wagners last couple of years. Fans wanted more of her, so they fucked us all over by recasting her, and then writing her to be a bitch who didnt care about her kids and just leaves them with their non-father. It was the opposite of what Felecia would do, but it "gave her storyline", especially when they killed Georgie to bring her back for like two episodes just so everyone could tell her how much they hate her???

I want the OLD Felecia back. On my GH, Felecia would come back and have a LEGIT reason for abandoning her kids...I am actually working on a nexcuse in my head now :P

Archived