O'Donnell's New Daytime Project

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't help but like Rosie. She's definitely had her moments and she's freely admitted that she can be a bear behind the scenes, but she reminds me more of a friend or relative who gets on your nerves from time to time, someone you could never truly hate (though I'm sure some of her past employees would beg to differ).

The Rosie O'Donnell Show was one of the best daytime shows of all time. It was such a fun blend of talk and game show, and then you had a pop culture junkie (soap fan!) as host, just a dream for anyone who loved the days of classic daytime programming. But of course it suffered when she began to feel powerful/influential/responsible. Things got too dark, too heavy, not what we all signed up for. I have always enjoyed her biting standup routines as well though, so I'd be down for something that mixed her daytime and standup personas. I personally don't mind when she gets political, what I do mind is when there's no one there to counter her. That's why The View was good for her imo, because it's all fine and good when you agree with somebody, but when you don't, it's frustrating to watch them go on and on stating controversial opinion as fact when all we did was tune in to have fun. This isn't cable news.

Wendy, Wendy, I think she's still finding her TV feet. She used to have four hours (five in NY) to luxuriate and talk about whatever she wanted to and you can tell that her timing still lives there. She is always running out of time and I get that antsy feeling when she does the Hot Topics, like, "Speed it up Wendy, you're gonna run out!" ^_^ I always enjoy her whenever I catch the show though, she's fun, but yeah, the radio show was really fun. I wish she could at least have Goose in the D.J. booth hitting the infamous audio clips like Ellen's got Tony. And speaking of which, I find it so funny how "How you doin'?" has blown up as the show's "official greeting" when on the radio it almost always meant GAY :lol: followed by the clip from In and Out "I'm GAY, I'm a HOMO, I like GUYS!" Wow, such crazy fun times.

• Members
Oh no. I don't doubt for a second Judy will be there until she's gray and 80.

There's room for two court show queens coming out of the gate. But Nancy Grace will appeal to Judy's demographic IN ADDITION to bringing in her own rabid Headline News fanbase.

I want Wendy to have another Whitney or Tupac moment. I read on her Wiki that she said Tupac got raped in prison. LOL.

• Members

Yes, her mouth has gotten her into trouble. :lol:

Method Man was not having it after she put his wife's serious illness on blast:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

There has been some talk that The View wants Oprah's coveted timeslot when she leaves. There's also speculation that's a motivation for Rosie......she wants it ....so Barbara cannot have it.

Here's a quote from Rosie.....

"I [know] that 'The View' wants to be on in the Oprah spot," O'Donnell said yesterday on her Sirius Satellite radio program, adding that when Walters asked her when her new show would air, "I said, 'Oh yeah, the Oprah spot' -- to which Barbara's face goes slack-ish."

Kathie Lee left Live b/c of her rocky relationship with Regis.

• Members

Yeah, it was pretty awkward towards the end there, I recall one time in particular where he said something smart to her and the way she came back at him with such disgust in her voice you could tell that she was just sick of him.

Archived