The Game Returns!

Cheap21

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Its back! I thought it was interesting how they kept the dramedy feel from the finale in the premiere. The laugh track was there but very low and used sparingly and it was an hour long. I was wondering if they would keep it like this but it looks like it goes back to being 30 minutes next week.

Kelly - I love the reality show angle. It reminds me of the VH1 shows Basketball Wives and Football Wives. I like Kelly being independent and not as weepy over Jason. I do hate her new attitude though as its too over the top and cartoonish. She was so annoying and too out there.

Jason - Cant say I cared for his story. Back in the original run he was the aging player and he's still that? Theys hould probably just move him into Rick Fox's old role. The sports commentaor seems like a natural fit.

I dont likethe new Brittany. She looks like an 18 year old hooker. Isnt the girl supposed to be like 11/12? This one is too hootchie-fied and looks ready to make them grandparents.

Tasha - Im upset they didnt have her become a music producer with her own label as they hinted to in the finale. I was expecting to see Malik's sister back causing drama and working for her. That would have been a new and interesting take. I do love that she and Kelly are now feuding and Tasha seems scared of her...lol. This rivalry should be fun throughout the season.

Sheree from Real Housewives! I liked her little cameo

Malik - He's sleeping with the owner's wife! How scandalous! Whats even worse is that he's not doing much to hide it but instead is openly dating her and not acting worried of being caught. BTW, I love his new hair style. I also like T standing up to him and not being his little bitch anymore

Melanie and Derwin - When I first heard that she gave up her medical career to be a footballers wife, I was upset but it makes sense. As an athlete he travels alot and they wont see each other much as it is. Being a doctor kills the chances for them to being able to spend time together so a compromise needed to be made

I thought it was such a copout to hint at and not make Derwin the father of the baby bc that has so much potential. It seemed odd that Melanie and Janae were so buddy buddy. Bot was I wrong and was not expecting the twist at the end. I cant Melanie's friend messed up the DNA test! She will have hell to pay as Janae will now hate her for good reason. I wonder if and when she will tell Derwin. She is going to have hell to pay.

• Members

Malik needs to die. He has absolutely no reason to be such a prick. I hope he gets castrated or has a leg amputated or something. He deserves to lose everything.

Kelly annoyed me as well. She looks disgusting. She deserves to be put in her place by Jason.

Melanie is such a dumb bitch.

• Members

LOL. IKR! I have been watching since it premiered in 2006, and I am the only person that knew that it was a spin-off on Girlfriends. Back in the day, I could not talk about it with anyone but it was all on Facebook and Twitter last night. I chalk it up to mostly younger viewers not watching the CW, and the lack of promotion it got. BET really promoted the hell out of this and hyped it up with The Game premiere parties, THIS is how you promote a show, too bad network television with never do this with a premodinantly black cast.

The premiere was good, but this DNA drama should've been handled a long time ago. I was so happy to see Melanie/Derwin/Janay be civil with each other, but Tasha came along and began to play on Melanie's insecurities. I do admit it was a nice twist at the end when Melanie found out Derwin WAS the father after telling him he was not. I do think it may still be an out with this, because they did not show Janay's response to the accusation, and Derwin came home with red, puffy eyes. Janay had to have confessed something.

I hate the new Brittany, and Kelly is just wack now. I wish she and Tasha had made up. :(

Hate Tasha's new man, and I am disappointed she shared no scenes with Malik.

Malik was always sort of a player, but he was never this heartless. It was good but I hope the season gets better.

I also hope BET does a press release, this HAD to have broken some sort of records for them.

Archived